can't verify bank account

hi, I haven't been on eBay for quite some time, I've come back on over the weekend and already sold an item. but I'm being told my money is being held as my account details need to be updated. I've tried over 40 times to verify my account. I've signed in countless times and am continuously met with a prompt saying i need to speak to a live representative, but when i click the link, nothing happens. So i try the micro-deposits, and am met with an error message. this is super frustrating, why can't i just use my PayPal account like i use to? I'm happy to use my normal banking, but this is a nightmare just trying to connect it. Please help me, as the reason I'm selling stuff is that I'm desperate for money, and don't have have to keep waiting for what I'm owed. 

please help, and thank you in advance. Cayde. 

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: can't verify bank account

qi-134
Community Member

Also can't verify bank details as a seller in Australia. There used to be a helpline with actual human beings which is now nowhere to be found. Very frustrating situation. I'm mainly a buyer on eBay and if this continues for any longer, I will move my biz to somewhere else.

Message 11 of 30
Latest reply

Registering as a seller.

Read the page to which the above is linked. (Direct link is https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/submitting-updating-information?id=4792)

Make sure your bank account is a checking account.

Don't attempt to enter any amounts until the microdeposits have reached your bank account, as this could cause issues with verifying your account.

Make sure that the name and details on the ID and bank account are exactly as shown in your eBay account.

But... my own opinion is if you're only going to be an occasional seller, with fairly long gaps between selling items, perhaps you should think again. As a "new" seller (as eBay defines a new seller), your money will be on hold for a minimum of 21 days... and if you don't sell regularly, that hold will continue because you'll continue to be regarded as a new seller.

Other online venues may be better for you.

Message 12 of 30
Latest reply

I hear you mate, I think they employed the work experience kid to create the code for their financial system.

My account is suspended becuase there is no way for me to pay the invoice, my automatic payment method stopped working and one time payment gives error everytime. 

Also, after I sold a $650 item to have $90 in fees for it is getting a bit out of hand.

I loved ebay back in the day (20 years I've been with them now) but there are plenty other sites that allow you to sell with 0 fees and actually give better results now day (a particular social media platforms marketplace comes to mind) 

They are facing a mass exodus of sellers because they are greedy and frankly useless at customer service. 

Message 13 of 30
Latest reply

I’m in the middle of the ame problem, trying to register an account with EBay using an Australian bank account. This is even more frustrating because this is my money that EBay is refusing to pay into my account. The no-help desk said they won’t give any reason why the account couldn’t be verified - “we don’t have that information”. The fact that Ebay chooses not to give you specific reasons, means that users like me don’t have specific information they can take up with their bank. I even got the very helpful advice from EBay that I should open an account with a different bank, though without knowing why EBay knocked back the first account I have no way of knowing what I need to look for in a new account. The “resolution” is that I can’t get paid and EBay can’t be bothered trying to find a solution. Money will sit with them for a few months and then they will send it off to an unclaimed money pot administered by the government. The funny thing is that I have been through that process before when money genuinely was unclaimed (as opposed to this situation where EBay is choosing to keep it) and the government paid the money by direct debit into the account that EBay won’t pay to. I’m joining the masses of people not selling in EBay.

Message 14 of 30
Latest reply

Having the same trouble after 22 years on EBay 2500+ pos and never a neg or even a neutral  feedback they “eBay” have decided that my bank acc is not verified? And will not pay me my money. After more than 10 phone calls to eBay NO Bloody help here in Australia phone eBay  tell them Tom sent you. My account is dead in the water. Can’t verify my account. And can’t find out what needs to be done? Was told to open a new account!

what a damn disappointment, after paying all those fees and charges and being the kink of seller and buyer that you would think they would want, I am at my end **bleep** YOU EBAY.

Message 15 of 30
Latest reply

EBay phone help line Australia is REMOVED but they won’t tell you that pricks.

Message 16 of 30
Latest reply

Yep, it’s clearly a common problem and the EBay response appears to be disinterest.

I put this issue up somewhere else in this morass where eBay tries to get users to fix its problems, rather than paying staff. I tagged the eBay payments team on that post, and will try the same approach again here in the hope that someone who should be helping might actually do so. After dealing with the specific issues in this chain, they might consider whether it might be helpful to make available to Australian users the options available in other countries to verify accounts rather than just the EBay black box which clearly generates problems for many users.

payments_team@ebay

Message 17 of 30
Latest reply

eBay do not read the member to member forum

So posting here will not be seen by any eyes that belong to anyone from eBay

Message 18 of 30
Latest reply

oilzum0
Community Member

After 30 years of selling on ebay I get this, Your item has sold and we'll hold the payment until after delivery. And you need to verify your bank account. Is it true, that you are regarded as a new seller if you haven't sold anything on ebay for a while? Well, after having sold over 1000 items with a 100% rating ebay has outlived its usefulness to me. I'll cancel my only transaction and close my seller account.

Message 19 of 30
Latest reply

eBay has not been around 30 years

Yes, it is true about holds on funds, as it has been for a long time

You also needed to have signed up for Managed Payments (far more than just verifying your bank account) before even listing anything for sale, which replaced PayPal for sellers more than two years ago and was announced two years before it came in

If you need not fully complete sign up for Managed Payments, and get the go ahead to start selling, then never mind 'holds' there would be no money at all paid out

How much you sold way back when makes zero difference, same rules for all sellers

eBay are not going to care if you leave. they will not even know

The buyers you are cancelling on, tough luck for them, eh?

Message 20 of 30
Latest reply