can't verify bank account

hi, I haven't been on eBay for quite some time, I've come back on over the weekend and already sold an item. but I'm being told my money is being held as my account details need to be updated. I've tried over 40 times to verify my account. I've signed in countless times and am continuously met with a prompt saying i need to speak to a live representative, but when i click the link, nothing happens. So i try the micro-deposits, and am met with an error message. this is super frustrating, why can't i just use my PayPal account like i use to? I'm happy to use my normal banking, but this is a nightmare just trying to connect it. Please help me, as the reason I'm selling stuff is that I'm desperate for money, and don't have have to keep waiting for what I'm owed. 

please help, and thank you in advance. Cayde. 

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: can't verify bank account

This is also happening to me   Unfortunately have 2 and a half hours on live chats. Finally got a phone call from eBay. When finally got somewhere with one representative  who said I'm transferring to manger then  phone went dead. I am so frustrated and yes angry because I have been selling since 2003 without many issues until verification   So dissatisfied with live chats. Totally incompetent 

Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

did this get solved for anyone? I am having the same issue getting micro deposits but they aren't accepting them and my money is available for payouts??

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

matglo_95
Community Member

Cant get the to verify any of my bank accounts now and I am a seller with 15 items on auctions atm. I have tried using different banks and that doesn't work either. What do I do. I cant get any of my money?

Message 23 of 30
Latest reply

I don't know

What have you tried doing to 'try to verify' 

Have you gotten to the micro deposits stage?

Or have you uploaded your ID and had it verified?

Does your name match exactly on everything?

Are you trying to verify a bank account that is savings only (that eBay would not be able to withdraw fees on?) 

Why did you not complete sign up and wait to be verified before selling anything as you were required to do? 

Message 24 of 30
Latest reply

As said, you need a transactional bank account (Australian bank) where account name matches your name as per your eBay account.

You need to be signed up for Managed Payments: it will involve going through the bank account verification process (either login credentials method OR micro-deposits method).

You must also verify your ID with appropriate photo ID (driver licence or passport are usually used), again with names all matching.

Have you done that?

Message 25 of 30
Latest reply

@matglo_95 wrote:

Cant get the to verify any of my bank accounts now and I am a seller with 15 items on auctions atm. I have tried using different banks and that doesn't work either. What do I do. I cant get any of my money?

Be thankful you havent sold anything as yet.

Message 26 of 30
Latest reply

On top of all that headache, why would you start an auction at 99 cents and with postage that's less than you would be charged?

At that rate you will be losing money to pay ebay fees.

Only start an auction at a price you would be happy to accept, in case you only get one bid.

Since you have started auctions before being verified, if they sell you must post them to the buyer within your stated handling time.

Message 27 of 30
Latest reply

And - hope for the best. 

Message 28 of 30
Latest reply

Some issues with a few of their ads,  but the coffee maker is a good one, used condition, has a photo of a brand new one, and profess's to have a 12 months manufacturers warranty as it has a Ebay Product ID.    Am I confused or is it just Saturdayitis.

Message 29 of 30
Latest reply

Looks good enough to snap up. LOL

Message 30 of 30
Latest reply