Changes to meet buyer demand on eBay.com.au (26/07/2011)

CmtyGuide@ebay.com
Community Member

This thread is to discuss with other eBay members the **Changes to meet buyer demand on eBay.com.au** announcement made on 26/07/2011.

These changes include:
· Changes to fees on eBay.com.au
· Introduction of eBay Top Rated Sellers

Please feel free to use this thread to ask any questions you may have about these upcoming changes, as well as other changes mentioned in the announcement.

Please remember, eBay Community Guides are here help you find what you need on eBay Forums but cannot offer advice pertaining to other areas of eBay or engage in conversation. You can find more information about eBay Discussion boards and how they work here: Discussion Board's Help Page
eBay Community Guides help you find what you need in eBay Community, but do not offer advice on other eBay features, or engage in conversation. Find out more about eBay Community and how it works here: Community Help Page
Message 1 of 345
Latest reply
344 REPLIES 344

When you use the fee illustrator, Link it shows the subscritpion fee for featured stores at $49.95

Is that an error or if the fee is dropping?
Message 2 of 345
Latest reply

I read it is dropping.
Message 3 of 345
Latest reply

I can't find any mention of it anywhere
Message 4 of 345
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member
As always, there is no such thing as a free lunch.

Sure, no listing or gallery fees for the first 30 items each month sounds great, but increasing the FVF from 5.25% to 7.9% is a hell of a sting in the tail!

It essentially means that once your item price reaches around $50-odd, the increased FVF means that overall, you will actually be paying MORE than you do now.

Seems that what eBay gives with one hand, it takes with the other.
Message 5 of 345
Latest reply

ap33p
Community Member
And they take us for fools I think.
The headline message is a about small fee discount. Then slip in a 50% increase of the primary eBay charge.
Message 6 of 345
Latest reply

col52
Community Member

Seems that what eBay gives with one hand, it takes with the other.

No change there then.
Hula, hula, lets all do da hula
Message 7 of 345
Latest reply

col52
Community Member
I would also like to know why Australian Top Sellers will not get the same benefit as USA Top Sellers (20% discount on fees).

http://pages2.ebay.com.au/News/InsideSelling/eTRS (AU TS)

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/July2009Update/Details/index.html#1-2 (USA TS).............

eBay Top-rated sellers will earn top rewards: 20% fee discounts, exclusive promotion in search results for Fixed Price listings, exclusive ability to purchase Featured First, and a prominent Top-rated seller badge on their item pages.
Hula, hula, lets all do da hula
Message 8 of 345
Latest reply

Thats how I have read it, the fee is dropping to $49.95. According to the fee illustrator that is the only saving I will make. I was hoping they would drop the listing price for featured stores on buy it now listings. Doesn't seem to be much help for encouraging more BIN stores if the fees are staying pretty much the same. Why don't they trial the free listings for featured stores too, I imagine that is where the bulk of store sellers are? On experimenting with the fee calculator, I would have to have 2000 items before an anchored store is cheaper than featured
Message 9 of 345
Latest reply

I agree - that would be a great incentive to keep great customer satisfaction
Message 10 of 345
Latest reply