refunds on ebay

with the new policy on ebay re refunds,if the buyer gets a refund,does the seller get their item back before the buyer is refunded?and who pays all the postage costs?also ebay is going abit overboard as they are only a place for the public to buy and sell,bit like the local newspaper but they dont offer refunds.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: refunds on ebay

wow robinsonmarineparts i knew the returns thing was completely in the buyers favour but hadnt even THOUGHT of that crazy (but entirely possible) scenario Woman Sad

Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

ebay couldnt care less about small sellers and their issues. every new policy they make attests to this. they are a huge corporation now and as such all they care about is profit margins. small sellers are just annoyances to them and i do believe the policies they make are aimed at getting rid of small sellers. todays ebay has an entirely different business model than it was when it began as place for anyone and everyone to sell their no-longer wanted goods. we need someone to come up with another website where we can buy and sell exclusively second hand, preloved, vintage , antique , used etc items ... and hopefully sometime soon!

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

I am in disbelief about this new policy. I today received a notification that EBay has ruled in the favour of the buyer and has given them a full refund and postage back. I have not received the item back.

This is going give dishonest buyers the green light and send sellers broke.

Just because a buyer states the item isnt as descibed, what proof does EBay request?

It is the buyers word?

Why are sellers not supported?

Why are we expected to wear this cost?

Small bussiness is difficult at the best of times without adding this.

I

Message 23 of 30
Latest reply

sutho46
Community Member

Never trust the user  REMOVED he gives you false return addresses hoping the item you send back gets lost in the mail system.

He has given me 3 false addresses so far and still no refund

They are **bleep**holes , scum of the earth and oxygen thiefs.

Message 24 of 30
Latest reply

@pictureperfect987 wrote:

I am in disbelief about this new policy. I today received a notification that EBay has ruled in the favour of the buyer and has given them a full refund and postage back. I have not received the item back.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is bull$hit! Don't let them get away with it. Lodge an official complaint with the ACCC and the Dept of Fair Trading, and the FOS as well, given that Paypal also had a hand in refunding your buyer. I'd also be sending a letter of demand to the buyer, asking them to return the item immediately or else you'll go to the police with a view to having them charged with obtaining goods by deception.

If you're angry enough, you can also go to your local courthouse and see the Clerk of the Court about taking out a summons against eBay for defrauding you out of your item and your money. It's surprisingly inexpensive and they have no option but to respond or else a judgment will be made in their absence. It's about time somebody took them to the fuc*ing cleaners over this appalling MBG of theirs. 😞

Message 25 of 30
Latest reply

three or four weeks into the new refund policy and across all  three of my ebay stores ive never experienced so many returns. i sell vintage and preloved clothing so i'm pretty sure that in a lot of instances my customers are using me as a fancy dress hire or something. what i dont understand is, in australia we are actually allowed to specify no returns...(within reason.. ie as long as the item is as described or does what its supposed to do or whatever) so how can ebay overule. not only forcing us to refund the item cost plus the postage cost but in many cases let them keep the item also. i am really at my wits end with these rediculous outrageous and unfair policies. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Message 26 of 30
Latest reply

If a person opens a request for whatever reason, including returns; even if you do resolve the issue in question, & you do not provide tracking, the buyer can & I have found that they will, not close the request, escalate it & get their money back. This has been rife with my shop for DVDs/Blu rays which are sent via standard mail. Items that sell from $10-$30 & cost atleast half that, become unfeasable to buy minimum postage of $7+ when it'd cost $1.40 - $3.50 to mail out. Ive also had people request returns, never return it, & also get their money back with the new system eBay has implemented.
I'm closing down as I had my biggest sales ever in the lead up to Christmas, but ran at a loss because of dishonest buyers.
Now I need to off-load the stock I have left, & still risk this buyer abuse of eBay money back guarantee.

Message 27 of 30
Latest reply

Dave totally unstand , we also are a proffectional Tool Supplier I have been in trade for over 40 years , now these new return rules favor users and scammers , to rip of  the seller  with ebays blessing

our example

Recently we sold an item on here to a customers on here for $130.00 POST FREE via overnight shipping. Anyhow 2 and a bit weeks later we recieve a 'return request' via Ebay from the buyer who claimed the item he purchased 'didn't work' and they weren't upto his standards even though we've sold this particular item to 100's of fellow aussies.

So after assuming perhaps it was a defunct product we agreed to accept the return including the freight via an Ebay return label we finally got the item back this morning and guess what? 

The items were used, had grease all down the tooling, all the wrappers were off. Clearly had been used and played around with. 

I just contacted Ebay and inquired about what we do here and guess what they tell me? There's no proof that the product you sent them in the first place wasn't damaged.. I said you have got to be kidding me. Feedack rating of 99.9% with over 14,500 feedback and that is the response I get. 

She then proceeded me to work it out with the buyer, in which I replied we had left messages with no response other then the responses left via the ebay returns procedure. I then asked her finally so once we refund him his $130.00 for our $25.00 for our returned unsellable product does he have the right to leave us a negative feeback as I don't want to be back on the phone again today... she said yes they can but you can call us and make a dispute for it but we can't guarentee it will be removed...

SELLERS BEWARE we just bit the bullet and refunded the buyer because we don't wanna deal withe hassles but I can only image when the buyer has all the power and Ebay sets these new procedures then things like this will occur more often. 

Message 28 of 30
Latest reply

time for us to make our voices heard where it hurts most on social media via ebay/paypals facebook pages and wouldn't it be a great triumph for the unhappy paying customers of ebay those who they need to make a profit to keep their business alive if we had a protest! Imagine just a small movement a national/international day where we say today we will not list any items for sale till you listen to what we have to say.

As customers we want ebay/paypal know that there are flaws in their system and its being explioted left right and centre. Ebay began as a company built on trust but that trust is being lost every day with the greed ignorance and constant changes to policies that make it harder for the honest people and slowly have turned this site into an open ground for the scammers to run a muck.

Message 29 of 30
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another great thread educating scumbags how to rip off sellers, I must say you all have done well. Everything has consequences.

Message 30 of 30
Latest reply