Blocked from BIN listings

Opened up an account to purchase little things here and there and have been blocked from buying items outright except for my very first item but am allowed to bid on auctions.

I have found items that I wanted to BIN but am not able too.

Ebay are saying that it's because of a safety reason blah blah.

I said hey ebay but I have other accounts and you know that this account is also now mine so what gives?

Apparently nothing gives as I'm still blocked from BIN.

If this is the way new buyers will be treated then it's a joke or maybe it's just me myself and I?

How ridicuously stupendis!

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Blocked from BIN listings

Just letting you know some weird things are happening with the blocks. I have had quite a few regular customers contacting me saying they can't purchase. I asked a few of them if they have had any unpaid items and they said no, which I believe because they pay me immediately. For some reason they are still blocked, when checking my blocked list they are not on there and have purchased many times before from me. Spoke to ebay and of course they were no help.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 60
Latest reply

Crow, sometimes members will respond with the understanding that many other members are reading this and hoping to learn from the complete thread.  So the answer isn't necessarily personally directed to your actions, but to all members who might be experiencing similar issues.  I find that approach helpful.  It's  not "personal" , it's just making sure all bases are covered for anyone reading this.

I often read a thread through and take note of specific answers and an obvious answer to the OP can be new information for me or a new member.

An analogy would be "my computer is not working, can anyone help?"  Now if someone answered with "do you have it plugged in?" I wouldn't be insulted because for others reading this ........ that might actually solve the problem.

Message 23 of 60
Latest reply

Perhaps it's wise to only have a limited amount of accounts - one or more for selling - ONE for buying - ONE for these discussion boards.  For anyone reading this thread, however you approach using your member IDs, a professional and helpful approach in feedback, selling, buying and board discussion is the better long-term approach.

Message 49 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Have you phone verified your new account and linked it to this one? If you haven't phone verified it, then you are probably hitting sellers blocks.

Message 2 of 60
Latest reply

No because I have already purchased 1 BIN and it went great but have been blocked from making other purchases.

Yes verified in all aspects.

Just stupidity on ebays behalf,I'm buying for goodness sakes and have all accounts together for them to see.

I don't understand why new sellers have restrictions and I definately don't understand why a buying account gets blocked from BIN but not auction as I pay immediately.

This has never happened in the past with any accounts so why now?

Message 3 of 60
Latest reply

Who would give you a kudos for your post when it's not the correct reason?

Message 4 of 60
Latest reply

I have had people message they couldnt buy and it was because i had the box checked which asked for immediate payment once i unchecked it it allowed same people to purchase I checked it because I read on boards something abut it but have changed alll listings now

Message 5 of 60
Latest reply

I paid immediately with my first payment and then was blocked by ebay for security or safety reason.

Sellers don't have me blocked at all.

Message 6 of 60
Latest reply

I didnt mean to block anyone either except people with violations but apparently that checked box did somethig dont know what but all is ok now since changed on listings. Just thought i would mention

Message 7 of 60
Latest reply

I don't have any violations except that I have opened a new account and ebay know that it's mine and thus far haven't given me a straight answer.

What perhaps another one of ebays glitches?

The seller that I have managed to buy from was happy as I paid immediately like I always do on BIN on all accounts.

Message 8 of 60
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

Who would give you a kudos for your post when it's not the correct reason?

How should I know? It was a suggestion of a possibility from your opening post, so maybe whoever kudo'd it did so before you posted follow ups. Ask them why they kudo'd it? Not being verified is the main reason why new sellers can't buy from a lot of people that have blocks. I wasn't saying that was the cause, I was asking if it was a possibility.

Have you had any accounts suspended or had restrictions placed on them in the past? That's another reason why eBay might see you as a security risk. I'm not accusing you (before you jump on me), merely asking.

Message 9 of 60
Latest reply

The answer to all your possibilities is No.

But I am waiting to here from ebay as to why.

All other accounts selling and buying are all in good stead so maybe I have to many accounts on ebay?

Surely with all the fees I pay ebay this shouldn't be happening.

Message 10 of 60
Latest reply