DON'T give me any second chance offers

TO ALL SELLERS OUT THERE.  Don't bother giving me second chance offers!  I won't ever take it up!  I will give an example of what I mean....I bid on an item that I really wanted, so put a very high bid on, and thought that no-one would outbid me....lo and behold a sniper did!  Well, the sniper didn't pay for the item, so I was offered it at MY HIGHEST BID.  The sniping doesn't worry me, nor the fact that I was outbid, what REALLY, REALLY annoys me, is that a NON-PAYING bidder can bid as high as they like, a MILLION DOLLARS  if they like, after all, they are not going to pay anyway!  So why aren't  ALL of their bids deleted when they do not pay, as if they never bid at all, and why should I pay the maximum amount I bid, instead of the amount I would have paid if they had not bid at all?  I have no way of knowing if this was SHILL bidding or not, and even if not, I consider the non-paying buyer's bids to be invalid and they should be totally removed.  So, no matter how much I wanted the item, I would NEVER EVER EVER buy it under these circumstances. It's a matter of principle.

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: DON'T give me any second chance offers

@davewil1964 wrote:

Please don't push it.

I might mention experience in shill bidding, but that would be slappable.

It's always a good idea to not comment on issues you have been guilty of yourself. Especially when you have advertised your guilt.

foot in mouth 4.png

Message 41 of 54
Latest reply

@skyrider12-au wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

Please don't push it.

It's always a good idea to not comment on issues you have been guilty of yourself. Especially when you have advertised your guilt.

foot in mouth 4.png

Posted in 14/9/2013. Two years ago! Really? if you can only find two year ago posts to highlight I suspect I am not the one who's foot needs attention.

i could almost suspect you of an interpersonal dispute.

Or yet another reason why moribund threads should not be resurrected - some people can't tell time qand/or are circuitbreakers.

Message 42 of 54
Latest reply

This may be interestnig.................

popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emoticon.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 43 of 54
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@skyrider12-au wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

Please don't push it.

foot in mouth 4.png

Posted in 14/9/2013. Two years ago! Really? if you can only find two year ago posts to highlight I suspect I am not the one who's foot needs attention.

i could almost suspect you of an interpersonal dispute.

Or yet another reason why moribund threads should not be resurrected - some people can't tell time qand/or are circuitbreakers.

Haven't seen any statute of limitations anywhere so imo citing the grand-father clause isn't an excuse for avoiding the flack for bad-mouthing and, no there's nothing personal about it at all but by the same token, even though I might be going your way I don't want you tagging along.

Message 44 of 54
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

This may be interesting.................

Shove over, padi...................................................popcorn.gif

Message 45 of 54
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

@padi*0409 wrote:

This may be interesting.................

Shove over, padi...................................................popcorn.gif

OK,                                              

beer-smiley.gif

Message 46 of 54
Latest reply

I'll bring the choc tops ......

Message 47 of 54
Latest reply

@cathyjoyjoy wrote:

I'll bring the choc tops ......

cathy, Batgirl and myself can't have chocky bits, so just turn up with smoked trotters and youse'll be right.................

Joker,      "the occasional doona eater"      original.gif

Message 48 of 54
Latest reply

I've seen all different kinds of styles in buying and selling.

As far as I'm concerned, with SCO's the ball is still in play.  Both parties can walk away unscathed as the transaction isn't won or finalised. I wasn't talking about items after they've been won.  Jeesh

Message 49 of 54
Latest reply

Take this scenario... starting price is $10, you put a highest bid of $30, auction ends at $31 with only one other bidder, and then they don't go through with the auction.  You get a SCO at $30

So if the other bidder hadn't turned up, you might have got the item for $10.

Yeah, the option is there to decline the SCO.  Or the seller might be happy to negotiate, because if they relist at $10 they might only get $10 next time - could be beneficial for both.  The seller could also decline negotiating - that's fine too.  I don't see why anyone gets hurt here.  We're all consenting adults.

JMO

Message 50 of 54
Latest reply