Ebay protects dishonest sellers

Have been an ebay custoemer for 20 years apparently.  That's what their customer service app tells me.

But it means nothing.  When a customer is ripped off by a dishonest seller - ebay does nothing

I can no longer trust ebay as if there is an issue you cannot rely on them to assist.   Have you tried calling ebay ??  It simply isn't possible.

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Ebay protects dishonest sellers

@cherie2430 wrote:

sandypebbles you seem to be in everyone's business, you just attacked me about not checking a seller's feedback, which I had & that you asked why I didn't lodge a dispute, which isn't a clearly visible option on Ebay.........nothing is easy in Ebay which is why I'm going to lodge a complaint with the ACCC.  Ebay allows scammers & does nothing to make purchasers feel safe.  I'm not an idiot, I've been here since 2003.

Why post on another thread to attack Sandy again ?

She is one of the most respected members here and doesn't sugar-coat the answers - just gives out the facts.

Good luck with the ACCC, though you'll be wasting your time with them, the same as going to the police.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

cherie2430, sandypebbles hasn’t attacked you - although you may feel that it was. We can tend to personalise comments that are informative but not softened. There’s the intention to help you, though, by referring to the bad feedback. Yes, that seller definitely went downhill very quickly after (presumably) you purchased! But your best course of action is eBay’s Money Back Guarantee. It is as simple as it gets… but if you need any help in opening the return/refund request, just ask.

Message 12 of 24
Latest reply

Been here since 2003, and dont have a clue how ebay works, or how to open a dispute.

By the way you are wasting your time chasing  ebay commerce, as they are not the seller. and are very well protected by the UA ,T&C's and Policies, all of which you have agreed to.

You need to open a dispute, at which time ebay will help get your money back.  If you do not open a dispute how is ebay supposed to know you have a problem.

Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

C'mon padi and sandy, you've both been around long enough to know that a buyer's lack of understanding of how eBay works is eBay's fault, not the buyer for not bothering to read how eBay works.

Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

skits81
Community Member

you can get a call back or speak to customer service ppl in the help section..i put in a call back an ebay rang a minute later

Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

So by reading public feedback I am in everyone’s business?

Sorry you do not like factual comments and consider them an attack

You say you checked feedback , you bought from them anyway ? after seeing the feedback and blame everyone but yourself for buying from this scammer

the option to open a dispute is right there, unless you wait past the 30 day time limit

I am not here to say ‘there there’ 

And if you ‘know’ I have been in everyone’s business, that would obviously say you have been in mine

Not sure how you imagine other members can offer help without knowing anything about the seller’s feedback etc

ebay help is the top of every single page

Buyers are given all the too,s in the world to protect themselves

Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

EBay doesn’t care about sellers as well rips money of honest sellers to give to impatient bloody thieves fancy taking money of people when overseas takes so long 

Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

Hello,everyone. To be respectful is very important in your interaction with other members here. I'd like to remind you that content that is harmful, hostile, threatening, abusive, baiting, vulgar, defamatory, harassing, or includes hate or racist speech, name calling, or profanity will be edited or removed.  Please read about our policy here: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Feedback/Updates-coming-to-eBay-com-au-Discussion-Boards/... Thanks very much. 

Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

49gran
Community Member

I agree, but they dont care as long as they get paid, its all about the seller not the buyer.

Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

@49gran wrote:

I agree, but they dont care as long as they get paid, its all about the seller not the buyer.

A 2 year old thread.

But justify your statement

Message 20 of 24
Latest reply