Ebay sellers breaking australian consumer laws when some goods sold are not fit for purpose.why?

I recenty bought a product thst lasted 20 seconds before it broke...ebay did not honour australian consumer law which states that a item must be fit for purpose...it clesrly wasnt..... how are they getting away with this? Has this happened  to anybody else? Anybody taken ebay to consumer affairs? What was the outcome? 

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Ebay sellers breaking australian consumer laws when some goods sold are not fit for purpose.why?

Omg did i leave negative feedback for someone who,throughly deserved it ...omg indeed lol ....
Message 21 of 40
Latest reply

You could sssume thst but if yiu dealt with these people yiunwould feel the same way
Message 22 of 40
Latest reply

Horrible attitude lol omg lol...

Seriously because i left accurate negative feedback fro geeting ripped off i have the bad attitude because i wasted my time and money..

Lol ive never laughed so hard
Message 23 of 40
Latest reply

Ebay know this only too well...so they support the seller in breaking the law
Message 24 of 40
Latest reply

Most intelligent comment on this page....ebay will continue to support people that break australian law unless someone complains... it was sold on their site,i pointed out that the seller had broken aust law to them as printed on every single page that people list products for sale on.. ebay has a duty of care to their customers and shouldnt be aiding people to not give refunds illegally..
Message 25 of 40
Latest reply

Omg
Message 26 of 40
Latest reply

Ebay and PayPal have in place the MBG so instead of going through that process you just decided to punish the sellers with negative feedback.

Your intent was to give negative feedback no matter what, instead of following ebay's policy, so your mind set from the start is what it is.

Message 27 of 40
Latest reply

@itsjohnny1wrote:

if you look the feeback is over a period of time .. i only bother to leave negative feedback because ebay is a farce.. most transactions are fine but the ones i left negative feeback for were shockers. 🙂 

Most sellers won't care. If they take the opportunity to look, all they will see is a high proportion of negative feedback left for sellers, which makes you look like a high risk buyer - whether you are or not. Your feedback left for others is a bit like painting a self-portrait, and if you mostly choose to show the negative qualities, then that's all people will see. 

Message 28 of 40
Latest reply

If all buyers were like johnny and only left feedback for the negative ones and no positives, all our feedback would be horrendous and ebay would have banned us all from selling long ago, despite the fact that only 1 in 1000 might get or deserve a neg.
Message 29 of 40
Latest reply

I agree with digi and kollector, with the amount of negs showing on your feedback left for others sellers could easily perceive that you would be a problem buyer, and would deal with you as such.

Unfair maybe, but unfortunately sellers seeing a high amount of negs and not knowing that you often only leave feedback when things go pearshaped, will tend to draw an unfavorable view of your eBay transactions.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 30 of 40
Latest reply