GSP Import Charges is a Scam!

Is there any way that this ridiculous charge could be challenged? Who at some high level could contact Pitney Bowes and get this made fairer? What exactly does this fee entail? I could possibly accept that the GST is included? Smiley Frustrated

screenshot-pay.ebay.com-2018-07-11-22-56-11.png

Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: GSP Import Charges is a Scam!

@sisyphusxx87 wrote:
The total postage in the auction to send three lightweight tshirts was nearly £20. In another purchase from the uk i bought a fleece jacket. The postage was £5.55. So yes quite a lot more expensive.

To avoid this, try and ask sellers to change the settings to normal post. Some sellers have no idea about what happens on the other end and decent ones will help the buyer and change the settings. Can't do anything in an auction though if someone else has already bid in it.

Message 41 of 50
Latest reply

@annipurr wrote:

It certainly is a scam... A dirty filthy scam of double dipping, and eBay is complicitly playing along.

Pitney Bowles is a shipping agent not a buying and selling broker. eBay handles that..

You obviously dont know much about taxation and business...

Personally annipurr, I believe this will affect eBay in the long run. Profit before people usually is the curse that comes back to bite a company.

Message 42 of 50
Latest reply

in reply to worzel*gummidge

@sisyphusxx87 wrote:
Pitney Bowles has doubled the cost of overseas postage. Ebay has a hand in this too because on thevlisting page at the end of the auction you have the winning bid amount and postage cost. Then when you go to pay you end up with a domestic postage charge added on to an international gsp cost. The total for postage given on the end of auction screen are completely misleading.

Hi sisphusxx87, in the case of DVDs etc, I think that if you search in the UK and Europe for titles, you may have better luck as less of them there use GSP.

Message 43 of 50
Latest reply

Wouldn't it have been better to reply in January when this thread was current?

Or aren't there enough current threads for you to post your stock reply on?

Sorry, you did. Why drag it up again to add nothing?

Message 44 of 50
Latest reply

Isn't it funny, as soon as I saw this thread had been bumped, I knew exactly who had bumped it. So predictable! I wish the weather was this predictable.

Message 45 of 50
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Wouldn't it have been better to reply in January when this thread was current?

Or aren't there enough current threads for you to post your stock reply on?

Sorry, you did. Why drag it up again to add nothing?

Since when did he ever post on current threads?

I was thinking only yesterday we must be due for another round of bumps.

Message 46 of 50
Latest reply

If there is No Mention of Combined Postage, ALWAYS Contact The Seller and Query It. Some will tell you to Await An Invoice, before making the Payment. To do This, use the REQUEST TOTAL at the Top of Your List in the Shopping Cart. However, some will not Combine Postage because the Items are Shipped from Various Locations (and even from various Countries): If you Buy 3 Items in the one Order, one may come Directly From The Seller or from Location (Supplier) Number 1, another may come from a Supplier Number 2, elsewhere in the Country of The Seller, and the Third may come from Supplier Number 3, (let's say) somewhere in the Bahamas or Indonesia.  Although, even in such a case, some Sellers will Combine Postage, but when you receive each Item, you may see that Shipping/Postage is a Portion of what You Paid ... That is, if you Paid (let's say) $15US (Combined Postage), and the Order comes from 3 Locations, you may see Postage is $8 on one, $4.50 on another, and $2.50 on the 3rd Item.

Message 47 of 50
Latest reply

Probably because it may, and most likely will, be of benefit to other people.
Not everyone Reads The Posts in these Threads during the month of being Posted.
Message 48 of 50
Latest reply

Whilst you could be correct, but only if referring to dropshippers, your treatise has nothing to do with the GSP, where combined postage is NOT an option.

And the goods would all have to be in the USA (or UK), not spread all over the world. Request Total is a vanishing option for a lot of buyers/sellers.

If thread-bumping is such a help, why not read the thread before commenting?

Message 49 of 50
Latest reply

Spot on
Message 50 of 50
Latest reply