Global Shipping Program status says delivered in Erlanger, KY?

yoshpi
Community Member

Recently I bought an item from a seller in the US, paid for the item to be delivered to Australia via the Global Shipping Program. I was given a tracking number, which showed the progress of the delivery. However the progress changed from In Transit to Delivered in Erlanger, KY. I understand that with the GSP the seller posts the item to Pitney Bowes Inc. in Erlanger and they re-package it and send it to Australia. However, is it odd that the status says delivered? Will the tracking get updated with the new international tracking number and change back to in transit again? I've never used this service before and I'm a bit apprehensive. I've contacted the seller but they're as much clueless as me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 128
Latest reply
127 REPLIES 127

Re: Global Shipping Program status says delivered in Erlanger, KY?

The Moderators do not have anything to do with ebay policy or user dissatisfaction.

All they are concerned with is that the content of the posts on the boards comply with posting policy.  If not, then they edit the post and dish out appropriate punishment for those who break the rules.

Message 51 of 128
Latest reply

driftae76
Community Member

Message 52 of 128
Latest reply

Message 53 of 128
Latest reply

Thank you for your very helpful comment on this thread. I'm sure it will help so many people who are having GSP issues.

Message 54 of 128
Latest reply

That bug is still there December 24 th... ebay can kiss my butt, they never take responsibility for anything other than lining their own pocket.
Message 55 of 128
Latest reply

I was forced to ship an item back to a seller in Texas o 5/12/16. Posted through AustPost to arrive in US through USPS. Lost it in Chicago with no updates and missing for 15 days. I ring EBay and Aust Post. No satisfaction. They then ship finally to Texas which is home of the fraudulent seller. Lost again on 1/02/17 and not found yet or updated in any way, shape or form. What a **bleep** system this is. How can a company as big as USPS misplace an item 2 times in 2 months. It's 20/02/17 today and no further ahead. eBay Aust post and USPS are absolute **bleep**. Maybe I should have pushed it out to sea on a surf ski. Just as much chance of getting there. no1uteman
Message 56 of 128
Latest reply

And this relates to Pitney Bowes how?

Message 57 of 128
Latest reply

If it was sent from Australia it did not go with the GSP...that is a US based logistics system and not USPS.  It only passes into the USPS system once it arrives there.  Obviously Australia Post did their job if it arrived in the USA safely.

As for being lost in Chicago, that is not at all surprising...it is the black hole of the US postal system both coming to Australia and obviously being sent back to the USA.   The problem is the USPS depot at the airport....things arrive there and languish there for days if they don't disappear completely.

Message 58 of 128
Latest reply

Global shipping is a total JOKE!! Brought some bike parts from a seller in the USA, it took a week to to get to Erlanger.. now global shipping decide that my items are restricted and undeliverable! There is nothing of the sort listed in thier restriction. **bleep**
Message 59 of 128
Latest reply

Its another big brother decision made without our consent.

They stripped my PAYPAL address and sent it to KFC land like yours and I also got triple invoices, double tracking and my USPS tracking ended at the Kentucky Freight Forwarding.

They blamed the seller for the shipment and he produced for me the modified address label showing a Kentucky address like yours.

We both complained to Ebay and within 24 horus got a reply shwoing FEDEX had the parcel and ti was on its way.. Ellapsed time 4 days about the time had it been sent USPS all the way it would be airborne across the Pacific.

So GSP as I had it explained to me will stop people claiming they didnt get the parcel when they did and stop fraud.

I have a problem how EBAY hijacked and changed my address which they claimed they did not, when in fact they did.

So my response was to deleted all automatic payments, unlink PAYPAL and I will make all the decisions regading my property that I have pruchased and the way it is shipped.

For my money using USPS for past ten years works.

You dont need FEDEX DHL TNT or UPS they all cost more

You dont need third party fF mangers like the ill fated Australia post trials which saw Aussie Customs targetting people who tried to avoid GST and its main reason why HARDLY NORMAL got the private memebrs bill pushed through to drop GST to $1 items and above.

If you read fine print on GSP you are responsible for all the charges, so contact seller before he ships and request an invoice price for the carrier of your choice.

And in the end BUYER BEWARE Ebay has changed the ruels of shipping US and UK so watch out or you will pay.

In my case I have a FEDEX tracking number and quite confoident it will arrive, not so confident I wont get a customs clearance charge as outlined in the GSP rules on Ebay. Pity the parcel will take 10 days instead of five, but thems the breaks 

2 cents.

Message 60 of 128
Latest reply