How to report a seller who wont sell?

tomfrh
Community Member

The seller is refusing to sell because he's not happy with the final price. He cancelled the sale before I could pay and then relisted it.

How do I report him? The ebay report seller links don't seem to go anywhere.

Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: How to report a seller who wont sell?

@shoppingbag* wrote:

You will come across all sorts of people on eBay (unfortunately) I won't express my opinion in words here of this Seller, in case someone gets offended. I find it rather astounding that other posters here seem to want to defend his actions, while some can't seem to relate to how badly you are feeling  ( I guess you have to experience the same thing to know, like I have)  You have every right to air your grievances, just more disappointing for you that you don't seem to be getting much sympathy on here, just mostly reasons to justify the Seller's actions. So just know that I am fully on your side. There can be no excuses for this Seller's behaviour in my opinion.

Yes it is astounding shoppingbag. And the OP has every right to ir their grievances. This is a help forum for buyers as well as a useful barometer to monitor the dishonesty and selfish practices of some sellers. Totally agree with your post.

@shoppingbag* wrote:

Unfortunately this type of person is allowed to get away with this. I consider it a very low act on the part of the Seller. I don't agree with others that they may have lost money or this is in any way justified. On every listing there is a statement that says "The Seller is responsible for this listing" They should be made to be just that! I don't care if they are new to eBay or not. They should be responsible for their own actions, and if they were stupid enough to list at 99c and that is all they got, then THEY should wear the consequences which is of their own making, and not distress the innocent buyer. If I were running eBay they would be severely reprimanded and closed down entirely the second time they did this. I know it may be futile, but I would definitely complain to eBay and even if you don't get anywhere, at least you will feel better to have voiced your disproval to the people who SHOULD do something about it.

It is a very low act. Totally agree too. Seller is responsible and what ever happened to the old view that the customer shpould be respected?  And yes it has caused distress to the innocent buyer and saddens me that another buyer is being treated in such a fashion.

Message 41 of 50
Latest reply

@shoppingbag* wrote:

Is is sad to see that people are so quick to judge another who is complaining because they don't stand in their shoes or have forgotten the feeling of disappointment,and would minimize and ridicule someone else's disappointment. One small problem can seem huge at the moment to the recipient, but when seeking some sympathy, it is so sad to see how many would beat the person down rather than try to lift them up. Someone once said there are only three types of people in this world, those who are up but would beat you down, those who are up and will try to lift you up, and those who are down who will drag you down too. This whole thread has been a real eye-opener to me. Just how mean spirited some can be, while others admit they would renege on deals also. Is it in any way honourable or right to beat someone down when you do not stand in their shoes?

Again shoppingbag, you've made good sense of this. Smiley Happy  I think that in the minds of some people, others shouldn't feel disappointment.  But  ....    Now  ....   OK,  let's see. Well, if only they were to try and stand in the shoes of another and maybe recall some of their own let downs, they may understand what the buyer such as the OP here is going though. I hope that they would be able to feel this.

Spoiler

Perhaps shoppinbag, you come from a time and place where good old fashioned fair dealing once existed. Perhaps not on the same planet as some others.   Smiley Frustrated

Message 42 of 50
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

@tomfrh wrote:

The seller is refusing to sell because he's not happy with the final price. He cancelled the sale before I could pay and then relisted it.

How do I report him? The ebay report seller links don't seem to go anywhere.

I'm seeing and hearin this ,more often now with sellers not geiing enough for their auction....

Gee, this was around 15 years ago and it was quite exciting too.

A bit of a hiatus there.

And low-start auctions worked more often back then.

Message 43 of 50
Latest reply

Hi Tom,

It sucks that the seller wouldn't honour the sale - it really irks me when sellers do that, and I leave them big negative feedback in capital letters to warn other buyers off. Be specific and factual in your feedback, e.g. "SELLER RENEGED ON SALE & CANCELLED AFTER I MADE PAYMENT" or whatever specifics apply.

As others have mentioned, there's not a whole lot of reason to report sellers who do this to eBay -- feedback is a much more useful tool -- but if you do want to report, you can also do it via eBay's customer service chat, accessed from the 'Help' menu.

And I apologise for the comments of those other responders here who choose to diminish the significance of sellers that don't honour sales. eBay is obviously buying and selling platform -- that's the whole point of its existance -- so when a seller breaks what is a legally recognised contract, it really does undermine the purpose of the site.

No, it's not cancer or a deathcamp or another four years of a certain orange-coloured president, but these are the eBay forums, not the medical, Holocaust, or political forums, so it's unhelpful when others downplay this frequently occurring aberration because it's not some major, life-altering problem.

Finally, the lens bundled in with that item you tried to purchase looks like it hasn't received the best care from its owner - I saw a similar package listed earlier today that looked to be in better conidtion, though the BIN price was a little higher than what you might want to pay. If you're in no hurry just wait it out - DSLR prices are dropping at the moment and I've seen some buyers pick up 80Ds quite cheap (it's a model I have on my search list).

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 44 of 50
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Get over it. There are way bigger issues to worry about than a seller cancelling a sale. While it can be disappointing, it's not the end of the world. 

Meh...the OP never made it out to be in the end of the world.  It's fair enough to be frustrated when a seller reneges on a sale - buyers bid in good faith, and if a seller doesn't want to sell below a certain price, the options are there to set up the auction to ensure this.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 45 of 50
Latest reply

If you want to make an echo chamber then it is actually easy to start your own discussion board. 

Latest reply

@maranock wrote:

If you want to make an echo chamber then it is actually easy to start your own discussion board. 

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Spoiler
You've just made me drowsy. Snooze chamber comes to mind   Smiley Indifferent

The OP has made a valid point too. If this is allowed to continue then people may be looking elswhere.

Message 47 of 50
Latest reply

Like where?

Message 48 of 50
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Like where?

Other people have expressed dissatisfaction over certain things (Postage to seller issues)  and have said that they would look elsewhere. Personally I would not encourage this. Ebay can still be a great place. Sadly dishonest and irresponsible sellers don't help. And this is why the OP and others before him / her have expressed their anguish over having won an item fair-and-square, only to be give some (oftem lame) excuse as to why they cannpt have the item they won!

Message 49 of 50
Latest reply

I have been posting here for the best part of 14 years and have lost count of the number of times I have seen annoyed posters predicting the demise of ebay unless the powers that be "fix" whatever is annoying them.

Some of them have "gone elsewhere" when there was somewhere else to go.....but many of them returned when they found that the grass was not greener on the other side.

I find it is best to learn how ebay works and then make it work for you instead of taking umbrage at every little thing that goes wrong.

All the jumping up and down and foot stamping is very wearing and rarely does any good anyway.

Message 50 of 50
Latest reply