Missing Purchase

For the first time in I can't remember when, it appears something I bought isn't going to turn up. Rats.

It's a UK purchase, only around $20 spent including postage, and was paid for and posted over a month ago.  I've just received the last of all my other UK purchases (and most were bought after this item) so it's not looking good.

The seller has great feedback so I'm guessing the postal system is the most likely culprit.  No tracking I think (one of the questions I will ask) but I wasn't bothered as I've rarely had an issue with Royal Mail and as I said, all my other UK items have arrived.

Now...I want to send an enquiry to the seller (in case for whatever reason the item is returned to her) but I dimly remember reading somewhere on the boards that choose the wrong question and eBay gets involved and sellers get penalised or something.  It's just an enquiry, it's only $20  and while I hope it will turn up  I'm not planning to throw a tantrum and berate the seller about it.  Stuff happens.

Advice on contacting the seller without causing any issues would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Missing Purchase

Glad it turned up but I am not surprised.

When I saw the original date on the post, I thought immediately of my daughters who were in London a few years back. They both posted identical sleeping bags home at the same time, same cost, same postal worker.

One bag arrived within the week.

The other one arrived about 3 months later, a couple of months after the girls were home. We had given up on it.

So when I saw you had originally posted about this in Sept, I was thinking... give it another 3 months, you never know.Smiley Wink

Message 21 of 22
Latest reply

Re: Missing Purchase

@lyndal1838 wrote:

It certainly sounds like it, doesn't it.

At least you now know how long Surface Mail takes from the UK.....about the same as it was taking 12 years ago when a seller sent several items by Surface Mail because they had under quoted the airmail postage.Smiley LOL

Some years ago I was at a local post office waiting to post a parcel to a friend for Christmas.  The lone AP staffer was in a very bad mood as she slammed down items and franked letters so heavily it was a wonder the ink didn't go through the paper.

My turn and she sighed loudly , measured the parcel, weighed it a couple of times then gave me a customs form to fill out.  When I started to protest she gave me a nasty look and made it clear it was fill out the form or no service at all.  I didn't know how much postage was and it wouldn't have fitted through the outside post box so I gritted my teeth, filled it out and stuck it on the parcel.  She told me the postage cost and I handed over the money.

And after that off went my parcel......to Canberra. Smiley Frustrated

Message 22 of 22
Latest reply