Post office retuned to sender, Seller and eBay won’t refund!!

I purchased an item, asked seller to put delivery instructions on parcel, because I work away from home, I have a parcel delivery box, works perfectly for years, received hundreds of parcels this way never had issues, now I’ve had my first issue,

The seller ignores my delivery instructions and sends it requesting signature, the post office return to sender due to I was unable to collect it.

The issue I’m having is the seller has my item, won’t resend it with delivery instructions, so I completed a dispute, eBay won’t refund because the seller provides tracking, so I appealed it, eBay still won’t do anything

So now I have no item, no refund, no nothing, and it seems I have been ripped off!?

What can I do now?

Thanks for any help.
Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

If you did a case in eBay and it was closed then open a case in PayPal.

image host
Message 11 of 37
Latest reply

PayPal sends me back to eBay, how do I do that? Thanks
Message 12 of 37
Latest reply

Just ignore that and go to the Resolution Centre and open the dispute....as long as the ebay dispute is closed.  You cannot have 2 disputes open at the same time.

Message 13 of 37
Latest reply

Personaly I would email the seller and tell them you will be reporting them to ACORN. I would then get onto ebay via live chat (You get a transcript of the conversation ) and tell them the story and that if you dont get your money back you will take it to the FIO 

Message 14 of 37
Latest reply

Delivery Instructions are fine,  But I dont think they get included by automated mail/labelling systems.  So  seller may not have even been aware of your specific instructions.

Message 15 of 37
Latest reply

@usersambowrote:
PayPal sends me back to eBay, how do I do that? Thanks

As said, log into PayPal, go to the resolution centre and open a case for Item not received.

image host
Message 16 of 37
Latest reply

What about contacting your bank? They can do chargeback. Perhaps ring Paypal. Sometimes it makes a difference if you actually speak to them.
Message 17 of 37
Latest reply

Found the PayPal Resolution Centre, hopefully I’m not dismissed like eBay, thanks guys, perusing this now! 😁👍
Message 18 of 37
Latest reply

@be.be.ce.cewrote:
What about contacting your bank? They can do chargeback. Perhaps ring Paypal. Sometimes it makes a difference if you actually speak to them.

The bank can only do a Chargeback if the buyer used a credit card linked to paypal.

And it should be the last resort, only to be used if both an ebay dispute and a paypal dispute fail.

Message 19 of 37
Latest reply

Sorry to say, but PayPal will only require proof of postage from the seller. If a seller can get an eBay INR decided in their favour, which requires proof of delivery, the chances of the PP dispute being decided against them are very low.

You obviously should be entitled to a refund or to have the item resent, so if no joy with PayPal hopefully a chargeback is an option. I'd also look at reporting the seller to ACORN.
Message 20 of 37
Latest reply