Postage delivery times are now pathetic

I am a regular buyer on Ebay but am getting fed up with the long delivery times taken when articles are sent via Australia Post. Some are shown as "Shipping Information Approved by Australia Post" and then sit in that state for a week. Sorry Ebay but I will be looking to use Amazon from now on. Also Sellers are now showing long delivery times to avoid bad feedback on delivery, well they have lost my business.

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Postage delivery times are now pathetic

I live in Perth and regularly get stuff from China, delivered by AP. Tho I stand corrected, its my understanding that the tracking is only current when the item is still in China. Once it leaves China, tracking is non existant

I understand that ALL parcels that come with Free standard post, travel via Sydney, and then by road to Perth, so a 15-18 day delivery window is expected.

We do of course have a major Chinese carrier serving Perth by air direct, but it would be unreasonable for your "Free post" parcel to be on that aircraft

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

@brianj1703,

One of your recent feedback comments states:

Positive feedback ratingTerribly slow delivery - 1 week from Victoria to Canberra              Seller:   Member id [xxx] (Teal shooting star icon for feedback score in between 25,000 to 49,999)

I am surprised that you consider 1 week from VIC to Canberra "terribly slow".
Spoiler
I've sometimes received things sent from within the same state (suburban area) to my address (same state, suburban, about an hour or so from the sender's address), with a delivery time of over 2 weeks. I also recall a gift parcel send by express post which went missing en route (local domestic postage), and the recipient left the country after 10 days, AP declared the parcel lost, and then between 2 and 3 weeks later I received a jolly and triumphant call from an AP rep informing me that "Good news! The parcel has been found and can be delivered tomorrow!".
As long as the seller sent the item within the handling timeframe that he/she specified, the seller's postage time should be 5 stars (in my view). Postage time is not the same as delivery time. If you consider that the delivery time is too long, you can always complain to AP or the courier or whoever it was who delivered the item.

If you are marking down sellers' stars for postage time based on how long the item took to get to you, you are being unfair - and misinterpreting the purpose of that star. Why should a seller be chastised by you (and experience lower DSRs because of lower stars for postage time) because of the delivery time (i.e., level of service) from Australia Post, etc.? That doesn't make sense, surely!

However, for the record, the particular seller concerned doesn't have a good record in their feedback for timely postage.
Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

Countess my postage and handling is 5 stars but my postage time has been chipped away because buyers don't care when you posted it all they seem to care about is when they get it lol.

It's out of a sellers control once AP receive it lol but some buyers still don't care.

Items I posted to flooded areas in QLD finally arrived there and it took 8 business days plus 2 weekend days so 10 days all up and even though I explained this to the buyers who live in that area and they could see what has happened around them a few of them still marked me down for postage time lol.

Until this part of the ratings gets taken down by ebay then buyers will always abuse it.

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

Oh how I love the buyers whose mantra is 'sellers should make Australia Post deliver on time'

But.... why do those buyers not do the same, surely sellers and buyers must have equal control of delivery time once it has been posted ???

Or

The 'the seller sent it within half an hour,but AP took a week to deliver,I'll ding the seller's stars and teach AP a lesson' !!!!

Or ' the postie took so long,I'll blame the seller because I was in a hurry to get it,but I won't complain to AP as might offend them' 

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

crow333crow, that would be frustrating... It's a bit like someone going to the Great Sphinx of Giza and hacking at it "because our flight to Egypt was delayed by the airline."

Great Sphinx of Giza

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

Sellers are mind readers & can tell that  before you knew you wanted to buy it or bought it you got the parcel - with free delivery - Another Ebay myth!

It's like those buyers that send ugly messages - "But I wanted to bid"  - well it sold & that's the end of the conversation - watching an item doesn't give the right to bid!

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

Crow, just be grateful they abolished the defects for low stars.

It's getting negs or neutrals for AP's slow post that sting.

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply