Received an empty box, what should I do?

detty428a
Community Member

Hi all. I bought a $380 10k gold diamond bracelet from an international seller but instead received an empty jewelry box in the package. What I did was immediately opened a dispute at paypal after receiving the empty box (oh yes, I panicked). And after 2 days, the seller escalated the dispute into a claim. I  am now worried about the decision of paypal. I am the victim here, but it seems it's hard to prove my claim.

Anyone had the same experience? Or anyone has an idea how paypal will rule out the dispute? Any suggestion on what else I can do? Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Received an empty box, what should I do?

Sounds like another buyer thinking they can actually buy a 10K Gold and Diamond bracelet for under $400. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN PEOPLE. Now thats over...

Report them to Computer Fraud Squad and also EMAIL PAYPAL and EBAY and demand your money back for you will inform the ACCC of them allowing these dealers to sell FAKES on their site.

Watch things change in your favour.

Message 11 of 29
Latest reply

this is the risk of ebay deals, there is no certain way to find out who's the bad guy in this situation. no offense, but there could be a buyer who can get free item by claiming they receive an empty box. Or a seller who sell an empty box for $400, easy money scheme...no?

Message 12 of 29
Latest reply

I have a feeling that this situation has been sorted out in the 18 months since the thread was started.

Message 13 of 29
Latest reply

20 months.

Message 14 of 29
Latest reply

Nearly 2 years old and you're quibbling over a lousy couple of months? Smiley Indifferent

Message 15 of 29
Latest reply

That's what I do best

Message 16 of 29
Latest reply

Smiley LOL

Message 17 of 29
Latest reply

How old is this thread now ?

Just checking ?Smiley LOL

Message 18 of 29
Latest reply

smiley kick.gif

Message 19 of 29
Latest reply

Check the date of the OP for yourself and please don't drag up old threads for the sake of making a useless comment.

Message 20 of 29
Latest reply