SHILL BIDDING reguarly

Seems one seller has a good friend 'working' for them. Was bidding on a used item that as soon as it was sold was relisted. Bit odd so asked seller why and got a very strange answer. Because of this I checked their completed items. Yes lots sold, and then same relisted - not stuff you would have 2 of either. Checked on the bidders IDs and alto blocked could see clearly the same "bidder" buys each time and then the item gets relisted straight away. Presume they just cancell the sale between them so no fees, and it increases the sale value. Not just for 1 or 2 sales but lots. This is shill bidding so why does ebay not pick this up. I am following this seller to see if it continues but seems they have a good system working for them, bad for legit buyers tho

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: SHILL BIDDING reguarly

This bit's interesting.......................

Capture.PNG

I have to ask though, doesn't  eBay get shirty with a seller doing a lot of cancellations?

I know they're not too interested in serial bid retractors................grrrrrr

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

If they are shill bidding then they are woefully bad at it. The idea is to bump up the price, not to win the thing. It was perhaps worth somebody's time in past years when things sold for multiple bids but these days it is highly unlikely you will get a bidding war so they are wasting a great deal of effort for no return

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

They ended up with an extra $26 for a pair of summies so it is working for them. The same ''bidder'' has 'won' lots, all relisted, some up to 3 times mayne more. Costs them nothing if they just cancel the transaction. Wonder how long it will take ebay to discover it? 

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

@ford12ford wrote:

Wonder how long it will take ebay to discover it? 

Unless you report them, probably never..............................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

Ebay do know. Told me they can see both accounts are linked. This was by the trust and safety team. Ebay are working on it... thought something illegal was worth immediate action myself. Poor buyers who keep bidding anyway, they may just end up with an inflated price due to this very slow action by ebay if the selling continues -if ebay do anything.....

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

NOT good to see now that ebay have proof of shill bidding they have done NOTHING in all this time and seller still is selling as before. Yet if sellers do the major crime of being late posting they can get struck off ebay it seems by the postings I have read

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

Sorry, the seller isn't accepting bids or offers from you at this time. I was bidding on the Genuine Swarovski Leather Big Panda Key ring Bag Charm Rrp +$250  item  302160565696 and went to ask them why  and it says you cant contact seller

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

Only reason I can think of, you must have unpaid item strikes

and the seller has blocks in place

At that price, they can't be genuine Swarovski anyway

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

No I have paid for anything bought.  I have already had a bid on it the other day and a necklace which I was both outbid but wasnt going any higher on the necklace anyways on that  591 had there bid cancelled for 59.00

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

You've posted your question on a thread about shill bidding.

If you think the seller is shill bidding, then report them to ebay.

As for the so-called Swarovski crystals -  they are clearly in breach of the VERO

programme

http://vero.ebay.com/vero/swarovski_ip

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply