Seller cancelled then resold

My daughter `bought` a bookcase but did not pay straight away as she was picking up and the seller asked for cash on pick up.

Over Christmas my daugher messaged 4 or 5 times asking if she could pick up, but each time was put off, various different reasons given.

Eventually she phoned and said she really wanted to pick up as she was trying to get her little girl`s room finished before they went away for their holiday. (By now about 3 weeks had passed)

The seller said she still wasn`t ready for pick up as her move had been delayed, and she wasn`t going to be bullied!

The seller then cancelled the sale and relisted the bookcase, getting $10.00 more for it the second time round.

We guessed at this point that she had not received as much for her bookcase as she had hoped for originally.

What if anything can we do at this point to `report` this seller?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Seller cancelled then resold

A seller cannot cancel a sale unless the buyer agrees.

You have feedback to let your experience be known.

Keep it factual and non abusive so they can't have it removed.

A neg with something like "Seller didn't complete the sale, then resold for higher price"

You can report for non performance but unless they do it regularly, I don't think ebay will act on it.

image host
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

She did not agree and could not leave feedback after the `sale` was cancelled.
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I see. 

In that case feedback can't be left but by not agreeing the seller will pay 2 lots of final value fees.

So a bit if just deserts given.

image host
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

It wasn't paid for, kopes.  It was cash on pick up

They never got to pick it up.  So it was a non-sale.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I know.

I take it the seller sent a Mutual Cancellation in which the buyer clicked not agree.

Hence the trans would be finalised.

And seller would be left with FVF.

image host
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@ydgonline06 wrote:
She did not agree and could not leave feedback after the `sale` was cancelled.

If she did not agree, then the sale was not cancelled, the seller simply did not supply and the only reason the buyer could not leave feedback would be that they left it too long .....60 days for feedback.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Kopes, there is a way for a seller to just cancel a sale, but they get a defect for it. The buyer does not get a choice about the cancellation, but they do get an email asking to confirm whether they did or did not pay.  If they did not pay then they can't leave feedback.  I'm not sure if the seller gets their FVF fee back but I'm assuming they do.  This happened to me as a buyer recently.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

quicksales the poster should be reported to the moderator for flooding all the forums with this trash

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@bsal6160 wrote:

quicksales the poster should be reported to the moderator for flooding all the forums with this trash

I think they have been reported as the spam gets removed pretty quickly, it just depends on whether they cop a permanent detention or not. My guess is the first time they got the obligatory one day, then next time 3 days, then next time a week. It will be interesting to see whether they make another appearance. Not sure how many detentions you have to get before you get sent to gaol for good.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply