Seller has no transaction history, should I be concerned?

I won the bid on a vitamix, but haven’t yet paid as I’m waiting for the seller to respond to a msg asking for a couple more photos of the item to be sure it’s legit. I probably should have done this before bidding, but it was an impulse bidding war 😕

I’m concerned because the seller has no transaction history & hasn’t yet replied  so now I’m thinking I’m being set up for a scam somehow. 

Anyone dealt with something similar?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Seller has no transaction history, should I be concerned?

@eol-products wrote:

Just look at sold auctions for this item  vitamix

Thanks, I never thought of that as I would have assumed there were too many sales of that brand to pinpoint the exact one.

But I think I have it, about 6 down, located in NSW?

Fiddledidee, I think the ad is probably genuine. That would be my gut feel because of the other items being sold (the bed sale gave me a laugh. All the people who sleep in her bed comment on how comfy it is). Mostly I would feel okay about the sale as it offers pick up.

I don't feel as if you need a lot more photos but I do feel she was a bit cheeky putting in photo 2 as that is a stock photo & not even exactly the same, it is the current model not the one you are buying. It would be more useful for you to know exactly how old this one is.

So it is up to you. It looks okay but she could definitely have done better with both number of photos & description.  I think it would be alright though, I think she's a genuine seller.

You could pay and if it has faults not mentioned, then you could open an ebay claim.

Or if you really have cold feet, just don't pay.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Thankyou for the info & advice.

It’s a second hand item but looked to be in great condition, the seller provided  2 photos  & 2 from the vitamix website. The description says they’re moving overseas. I agree I should have contacted seller prior to bidding.

But yes, my concern is it’s not a new account & they have no history, which I would feel less uncomfortable about if they responded to my msg. I apologised for the situation and hoped to receive a reply, with or without extra photos just to be reassured this transaction is legit. I do know a seller has no obligation to send extra photos, however any sort of reply would be better than nothing. 

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

The auction only closed yseterday morning.

When you asked the question here, it had only been 12 hours or so since it ended.

Given that they are moving overseas, they are probably very busy and haven't had a chance to look.  

Give them more time.  It looks legit to me.

Springy, as for the bed and mattress - I'd like to see them post it for $23

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

kermit2023
Community Member

I had a look at the listing. The  pic they supplied of the vitamix  on their kitchen bench also matches the kitchen bench of the coffee machine they are also selling, so I’d be safe to say that it’s a legit sale and not a scam. 
If you are worried, then select ‘pick up’ and check it out and pay when you pick it up. 
Also, not sure if still valid, but used to need a scan code when pick up, to prove the item was collected. I’ve never collected an item off eBay ever, so might need to be  better informed on that side of things.  

good luck with it all. 

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply