Seller won't sell to buyers who don't meet their requirements?

aprak5560
Community Member

I am trying to purchase an item but when i add it to my cart it says, "Seller won't sell to buyers who doesn't meet their requirements". After that it also said,

The seller has specified that this item can't be posted to P.O. box addresses.
  • You can still continue, but you'll need to provide another postage address at checkout, when you pay for this item.
  • You can contact the seller for more information, or find similar items offered by other sellers

What does it mean when it says "P.O. box address"? I've typed my home address and not a P.O. box address.

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Sure I'll buy a 1c coin off you,and you do send with free postage like eBay recommends that you do don't you?

Message 21 of 43
Latest reply

@heihachi_73 wrote:
Depends on what the buyer wants. There are a lot of cheap (under $1) things which can fit in an envelope for $1 postage, such as cards, coins, stamps etc.

Maybe I should sell a few random things for 1c + $1 postage to boost my feedback. Anyone need a 1c coin, a single playing card, an expired myki card or a KFC refresher towel? 🙂

I heard the 1c coins are worth a bit now.

That would be right. I threw a huge bundle of 1c & 2c coins out just a year or so back.Smiley Frustrated

Message 22 of 43
Latest reply

Why Springy?

You could have taken them into a bank and cashed them in.

Many years ago I went to a coin dealer to sell a $200 gold coin.  I was told they were only worth face value and I would be better off spending it.  I took it into Westpac bank to pay an Insurance policy.  It was hilarious....the staff took a lot of convincing that it was legal tender.  It went all the way to the head accountant before they would accept it.

Message 23 of 43
Latest reply

I've got over 1,000 1c coins (and 2c coins). Work wiith what you've got. I know locally here at the moment that 1oz of silver on ebay is worth more than face value. Not much , but it's still more.

Message 24 of 43
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Why Springy?

You could have taken them into a bank and cashed them in.

I never thought of that, didn't realise they were still legal tender.Smiley Frustrated

Message 25 of 43
Latest reply

Legal tender is always legal tender.

I could cash in a gold sovereign but I would probably be better off selling it for gold value now that the gold price has risen.

Message 26 of 43
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I've got over 1,000 1c coins (and 2c coins). Work wiith what you've got. I know locally here at the moment that 1oz of silver on ebay is worth more than face value. Not much , but it's still more.

Have a read of this Tippy, they might be worth more than you think !!!!!

http://www.smh.com.au/money/investing/cash-to-be-made-by-taking-leave-of-your-cents-20110118-19uvh.h...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 27 of 43
Latest reply

Nice try, but I do not live in the People's Republic of China. I do offer free local pickup from suburban Melbourne however. 🙂

Good thing it is only an eBay recommendation and not a requirement, as it would kill off a lot of sellers if they had to pay for postage out of their own pocket. Incorporating the postage costs into the item price does nothing but make things look more expensive than what they are, which means profits for eBay via FVFs, especially when someone else sells the same item for the same price as the item with "free" postage, and then charges postage on top of that again.
Message 28 of 43
Latest reply

I gave ten 2c coins to the Commonwealth Bank last week, they were happy to take them off me in exchange for a 20c coin (technically I could have only taken nine of them and still got 20c but it didn't matter). The coins were all worn or otherwise damaged e.g. run over by cars, so they weren't worth anything to a collector.

1c and 2c coins are legal tender up to 20 cents, it's just that the mint no longer makes them, although sometimes they are minted in collector's sets e.g. 2006 (which were also notable for having the current Queen on them rather than the 1966/1985 one).
Message 29 of 43
Latest reply

Actually, I can't list anything else this month as I am out of free listings, having used all 40 already.
Message 30 of 43
Latest reply