Seller won't sell to buyers who don't meet their requirements?

aprak5560
Community Member

I am trying to purchase an item but when i add it to my cart it says, "Seller won't sell to buyers who doesn't meet their requirements". After that it also said,

The seller has specified that this item can't be posted to P.O. box addresses.
  • You can still continue, but you'll need to provide another postage address at checkout, when you pay for this item.
  • You can contact the seller for more information, or find similar items offered by other sellers

What does it mean when it says "P.O. box address"? I've typed my home address and not a P.O. box address.

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Seller won't sell to buyers who don't meet their requirements?

@maranock wrote:

They don't have a good memory, they would have added you to their 'blocked bidder' list at your last transaction, and it was automatic from there, they won't have even realised you tried to purchase again. Many sellers do that for buyers that they think they might have a problem with in future transactions. 

i know i do, and often

Message 41 of 43
Latest reply

It certainly won't help buyers. A seller doesn't have to sell to anybody they don't want to.

Your post might help some sellers, though.

Message 42 of 43
Latest reply

@jasmin88888888 wrote:

I tried to add a item to my cart and recieved the “Seller won’t sell to buyers who don’t meet their requirements “ error message, after checking my buyers history I found that I had purchased a item from them in 2017 that was totally different to the listing. I recieved a partial refund and I left a neutral feedback I even stated that the whole transaction was amicable. So they have blocked me.....thank god they have a good memory because I DO NOT WANT TO GIVE THEM MORE MONEY for products that are faulty. I hope this helps people.

That isn't the message ebay displays when the seller has blocked you specifically from purchasing - if a seller has blocked you, it will say something like "unfortunately you can not purchase from the seller at this time".

The message about meeting a seller's requirements is quite specific, and is a general block on anything that might be applicable to your account, as well as everyone else's account if it meets the same criteria, such as unpaid item strikes, or unverified accounts. 

Message 43 of 43
Latest reply