Seller won't sell to buyers who don't meet their requirements?

aprak5560
Community Member

I am trying to purchase an item but when i add it to my cart it says, "Seller won't sell to buyers who doesn't meet their requirements". After that it also said,

The seller has specified that this item can't be posted to P.O. box addresses.
  • You can still continue, but you'll need to provide another postage address at checkout, when you pay for this item.
  • You can contact the seller for more information, or find similar items offered by other sellers

What does it mean when it says "P.O. box address"? I've typed my home address and not a P.O. box address.

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

The seller has buyer requirement blocks in place that prevents certain buyers from buying from them. You have 0 feedback so you have encountered a seller who won't sell to low feedback buyers. If you phone verify your account, you should then be able to buy from them. I think that by adding a PayPal account to your eBay account also counts as verifying.

Message 2 of 43
Latest reply

Thanks alot 🙂

Message 3 of 43
Latest reply

jond466
Community Member
That's bull , because I've come across this and I'm a well established ebay buyer with numerous positive reviews with zero neutral or negative reviews. I've also phone verified and have both my checking account and paypal linked to my eBay account.
Message 4 of 43
Latest reply

You might come across it because maybe some aussie sellers dont post to the usa.

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 5 of 43
Latest reply

@aprak5560 wrote:

I am trying to purchase an item but when i add it to my cart it says, "Seller won't sell to buyers who doesn't meet their requirements". After that it also said,

• You can still continue, but you'll need to provide another postage address at checkout, when you pay for this item.
  • You can contact the seller for more information, or find similar items offered by other sellers

What does it mean when it says "P.O. box address"? I've typed my home address and not a P.O. box address.

There is a setting in sellers account details that they can check which blocks buyers with a PO box. A PO box is a locked box at the local post office which the buyer recieves their mail from, rather than a residential address. It is used by businesses and private people who want to be sure their mail is secure from people passing by etc.

The problem with a PO box is couriers cant deliver to them. Some sellers have freight contracts with courier services for all of their parcels and dont use Postal services.

What address do you have in your account details ? If it is a PO box you will need to start the payment process and before clicking " confirm" you will be given the option to change your mailing address in the checkout. This should fix the problem. If it doesnt, it is an ebay glitch and you will have to contact customer service to sort the problem.

Message 6 of 43
Latest reply

@jond466 wrote:
That's bull , because I've come across this and I'm a well established ebay buyer with numerous positive reviews with zero neutral or negative reviews. I've also phone verified and have both my checking account and paypal linked to my eBay account.

Your feedback shows you have not sold anything. As a buyer you can only have positive feedback. Sellers are unable to leave buyers neutral and negative feedbacks, so feedback is irrelivent.

Sellers have other systems provided by ebay to weed out buyers who they dont want to sell too. There are around a dozen settings sellers can use to block buyers. Having a PO box is one. Another common one is that that buyers who have recieved two or more strikes for not paying for purchases can be excluded from purchasing from sellers who chose to block them.

Not paying for and completing transactions after purchasing on two or more occasions is the most common reason buyers have trouble purchasing items from sellers on ebay.

Message 7 of 43
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

@aprak5560 wrote:

There is a setting in sellers account details that they can check which blocks buyers with a PO box. A PO box is a locked box at the local post office which the buyer recieves their mail from, rather than a residential address. It is used by businesses and private people who want to be sure their mail is secure from people passing by etc.

The problem with a PO box is couriers cant deliver to them. Some sellers have freight contracts with courier services for all of their parcels and dont use Postal services.

What address do you have in your account details ? If it is a PO box you will need to start the payment process and before clicking " confirm" you will be given the option to change your mailing address in the checkout. This should fix the problem. If it doesnt, it is an ebay glitch and you will have to contact customer service to sort the problem.

Op wrote that a year ago and has not been back since

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 8 of 43
Latest reply

I have the same treatment, from 4 sellers who all sell the same types of solar panels with virtually identical advertising.  Problem started when I bought 2x100W panels as a package advertised as 200W.  I cinneted in parallel, to obtain the advertised 200W.  After they melted and fused together I asked the seller for a comment; I didn't even complain about it.  The Seller said I should not have connected in parallel and the listing had a warning against.  This was absolute BS, as the ebay record of the listing showed it had changed and that the original listing did not have any warning about. And, I had a screen shot of the original too. The source code for the listing page showed it had been amended within hours of me telling them I had connected in parallel too.  Now, they and their cohorts reckon I don't meet their requirement.  What? Because I insisted on my consumer right to a refund fo an item that was inadequately described, which was evidenced by them changing it after the fact?  Seems you can also be branded a trouble maker and banned too.  Ebay are useless at providing and assitance on the matter.  ON BOTH matters I should say, this one and the attmepted fraud by the Seller in the first place.  Pity there isn't another market place to buy stuff.

Message 9 of 43
Latest reply

Every city has several.

i imagine most reputable solar panel sellers also have their own websites.

Of course, if your main criterion is 'cheapest', that can lead to issues. As you have possibly found out.

Message 10 of 43
Latest reply