Seller won't sell to buyers who don't meet their requirements?

aprak5560
Community Member

I am trying to purchase an item but when i add it to my cart it says, "Seller won't sell to buyers who doesn't meet their requirements". After that it also said,

The seller has specified that this item can't be posted to P.O. box addresses.
  • You can still continue, but you'll need to provide another postage address at checkout, when you pay for this item.
  • You can contact the seller for more information, or find similar items offered by other sellers

What does it mean when it says "P.O. box address"? I've typed my home address and not a P.O. box address.

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

The block on unverified users can be applied to buyers with a FB score under a specified number (5 being one of those numbers), or it can be applied to all unverified accounts.

I use it and apply it to all unverified accounts, no matter how high their FB score is. (I didn't have the block in place for years, but I have my reasons for having it in place now. If a buyer contacts me and can't go through verification for whatever reason, I'll usually exempt them from the block manually). 

Message 31 of 43
Latest reply

I still don't understand how anyone can not be verified. With this account, which is purely a posting ID, I am  so limited. It is not phone verified and not linked to any of my other accounts. If I want to add something to this watch list, I can't, it demands I be phone verified. If I want to send a message via eBay messaging, I cant, it demands I be phone verified. I can't look at someone:s ID history. it demands I be phone verified. Most "normal" things one would want to do, I can't due to the demand of being phone verified.

How is it then that I am severely restricted on this account because I am not verified, yet others are able to do so much more, inc.uding buying, then complain they can't buy due to the blocks? I can't even get to the point of buying due to not being verified!

Message 32 of 43
Latest reply

Tippy, did you start this ID as an ebay ID or as posting ID?

I was given to understand that if you started the ID on the boards you could not just go over to ebay with it.....but if it was started on ebay you can then use it on the boards.

I may be way out with this but it may explain your problems.

Message 33 of 43
Latest reply

That's actually a bit weird - lyndal may be right, but guest accounts can buy unverifed if there aren't any blocks in place, so it's strange that the block would kick in on every seller for a registered account that's not verified.

Linking a verified PayPal account, or putting a credit/debit card on file does the same job as phone verification, if that helps anyone, and will (or should) override the phone verification block. 

Message 34 of 43
Latest reply

This ID was created on eBay as a posting ID. It was created the same way as my functional accounts, except when I was prompted to get the code sent to my phone, I declined. If I want to perform certain tasks, like send a message via eBay messaging, it won't let me past the phone verification screen. Many different tasks won't let me past the phone verification screen. I've tried to buy from sellers who I know don't have blocks, just to see what would happen and I get hit with the phone verification screen every time. That's why I couldn't work out how people could NOT be verfied!

Message 35 of 43
Latest reply

@heihachi_73 wrote:
Depends on what the buyer wants. There are a lot of cheap (under $1) things which can fit in an envelope for $1 postage, such as cards, coins, stamps etc.

Maybe I should sell a few random things for 1c + $1 postage to boost my feedback. Anyone need a 1c coin, a single playing card, an expired myki card or a KFC refresher towel? 🙂

Hey, I'll buy a playing card or 2 - or more - for 1c each.   As long as they are in mint condition and have a purty picture.  Heck, I'll buy the deck if it's purty enough.

None of that Queen's slipper patterned rubbish though.

Message 36 of 43
Latest reply

PayPal charges 30 cents per transaction, and the ebay+PP commision is over 10% of the price+postage. So instead of selling things at 1 cent and risking a negative fb and some anguish moments, you'd be better off burning those items in a bonfire while dancing an Indian dance around the bonfire

Message 37 of 43
Latest reply

I tried to add a item to my cart and recieved the “Seller won’t sell to buyers who don’t meet their requirements “ error message, after checking my buyers history I found that I had purchased a item from them in 2017 that was totally different to the listing. I recieved a partial refund and I left a neutral feedback I even stated that the whole transaction was amicable. So they have blocked me.....thank god they have a good memory because I DO NOT WANT TO GIVE THEM MORE MONEY for products that are faulty. I hope this helps people.

Message 38 of 43
Latest reply

Message 39 of 43
Latest reply

They don't have a good memory, they would have added you to their 'blocked bidder' list at your last transaction, and it was automatic from there, they won't have even realised you tried to purchase again. Many sellers do that for buyers that they think they might have a problem with in future transactions. 

Latest reply