The $10 voucher code CMOB3 keeps coming up as invalid when I try to pay for my latest item

The $10 voucher code  CMOB3 keeps coming up as invalid when I try to pay for my latest item on paypal which I purchased from factorykiss-ozhttp://www.ebay.com.au/itm/140999714792?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649  using my mobile phone. Is this a scam???? red49ner

Message 1 of 168
Latest reply
167 REPLIES 167

The $10 voucher code CMOB3 keeps coming up as invalid when I try to pay for my latest item

I got the code even before I signed in to Ebay so definitely a scam.

Message 11 of 168
Latest reply

None of us have yet actually paid for anything but we all clicked the pay now button and then when we all put in the code we we're told that it is invalid.But by this stage we the buyers have committed to buy the item so the transaction then is in the process of you the buyer needing to pay for the item.So the only thing to do is you need to contact the seller/s and ask to have it cancelled which is what needs to be done in my case.

Message 12 of 168
Latest reply

Well I have had no luck with any of the sellers as they told me that it's not their fault so I have no choice but to buy the items otherwise I will get a non payment strike.I think that this is a great lesson learnt not to believe that a voucher is actually a voucher and that I think you should only be committed to buy if the voucher is valid and not before you input the code so maybe ebay should have a look at doing something about that.

Message 13 of 168
Latest reply

What the hell is going on here, I also cannot make this work?

Since when does Ebay allow such flagrant scams such as this?

What a waste of my time!

Message 14 of 168
Latest reply

Since when they created it.

Message 15 of 168
Latest reply

I have just had the same issue.

When I logged into eBay this morning instead of the ebay.com.au homepage I was redirected to a link 
http://signin.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignInRTMMessage&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2F&mK=M_...

This link told me "Thanks for shopping with eBay Mobile. Enjoy your $10 off and gave me a voucher code of CMOB3."

Pretty dodgy of ebay if it is just an "advertisement". Why tell me to enjoy my $10 off and give me the code if it is just an ad?

Message 16 of 168
Latest reply

@james***19 wrote:

I have just had the same issue.

When I logged into eBay this morning instead of the ebay.com.au homepage I was redirected to a link 
http://signin.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignInRTMMessage&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2F&mK=M_...

This link told me "Thanks for shopping with eBay Mobile. Enjoy your $10 off and gave me a voucher code of CMOB3."

Pretty dodgy of ebay if it is just an "advertisement". Why tell me to enjoy my $10 off and give me the code if it is just an ad?

#2 Terms and conditions from that link

The voucher is valid for use between 00:00:01 AEST 25th September 2013 and 23:59:59 AEDST 3rd October 2013 ("the Promotional Period"). Any voucher which is not redeemed by 23:59:59 AEST 3rd October 2013 will cease to be valid.

This voucher is linked to your eBay UserID. The transactions must be completed with the eBay UserID specified in the invitation email in order to redeem the voucher.

That qualifies as neither an advertisement, puffery or an invitation to the world at large.

eBay are telling porkies.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 17 of 168
Latest reply

Yeah, doesn't work 😞 poo

The redemption code could not be used for your purchase.
  • This redemption code cannot be used because it is already linked to another eBay account.

Message 18 of 168
Latest reply

Just what buyers & sellers needed .... Not !

Another ebay bungle to further frustrate and drive buyers away.
Message 19 of 168
Latest reply

Just asked eBay, this is their response:

The red box you see on the listing itself is an advertisement for the promotion.

The account that will qualify for the vouchers are those account that purchased an item using the eBay app between Sept 4-10, 2013.

Message 20 of 168
Latest reply