The $10 voucher code CMOB3 keeps coming up as invalid when I try to pay for my latest item

The $10 voucher code  CMOB3 keeps coming up as invalid when I try to pay for my latest item on paypal which I purchased from factorykiss-ozhttp://www.ebay.com.au/itm/140999714792?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649  using my mobile phone. Is this a scam???? red49ner

Message 1 of 168
Latest reply
167 REPLIES 167

The $10 voucher code CMOB3 keeps coming up as invalid when I try to pay for my latest item

It is a definate bungle on Ebays part.

Not only did the "Enjoy your $10.00 off" message appear on the listing pages for me, but also as a screen offer when I logged into 'my Ebay'.

Someone has boo-bood and Ebay appear to be back-pedalling..

I was not emailed a voucher or offer, but was provided with a code for $10.00 off my next purchase paid via PayPal.

I made a purchase with the intention of redeeming that code and it did not work. Very frustrating.

Message 21 of 168
Latest reply

You should go through with the purchase and honour it. It's not the sellers fault.

Message 22 of 168
Latest reply

Yep I also just got the screen offer when logging back into ebay. You'd think they would sort the thing out before continuing to advertise something that doesn't work. Typical ebay for you.

Message 23 of 168
Latest reply

I have gone through with the purchases

Message 24 of 168
Latest reply

So what is this code exactly? I had it show up in the payment description area, checked the terms and conditions thought sweet bout an item then went to pay through PayPal and the code doesn't work. What the?
Message 25 of 168
Latest reply

I am absolutely disgusted in how I have been deceived by Ebay. I actually thought what's the catch and read the terms of use. I have the mobile app and use it all the time. I had another Paypal account linked to my Ebay account so I went to Paypal and made sure I set up my Paypal account to my Ebay email address. Imagine my surprise when following those steps and then finding that the redemption code was invalid. I had purchased a few jewellery items from one seller and the $10 was the incentive to buy a bottle of glue for $15 making my postage cost dearer. I decided to do it because the glue would come back to $5, or so I thought! I have paid for all of my items now as I don't want to hold up my purchases as I was needing the jewellery findings immediately.

I do really feel duped!! This is not some rookie mistake by Ebay. In my opinion they have been around long enough to know better and to treat their long term customers like this is shameful. I am considering using Etsy more often and my free local facebook sale pages or Gumtree. It's not the $10 so much as the loss of trust in them. 

Message 26 of 168
Latest reply

ive had 3 buyers email me today asking me to cancel their purchases! 

ebay has screwed people over and as a seller, thats not my fault but if i force the buyers to compelete the purchase then i'll wind up with negative feedbacks which ebay wont remove. one buyer has already threatened to do this in his initial contact with me without even giving me a chance to say yes or no

i get 40 free listings a month which i have used already so next month when i relist these items, that uses up 3 precious free listings

please people, keep in mind that this is not the seller's fault. we dont deserve abuse or threats of negative feedback. i post my items within 24 hours, my postage costs are fair, i contact my buyers to thank them for their purchase and payment and let them know when the item will be posted, i wrap all items securely and i answer queries asap. im a good seller as are many people. this situation isnt our fault

ive just changed all my listings to "immediate payment required" when they click on buy it now to save the hassles but it was time consuming and a hassle

Message 27 of 168
Latest reply

do not delete the Pm from the buyer who has threatened you with a neg. That alone ois grounds for the removal of any neg feedback you may receive from them. We are NOT allowed to discuss feedback with our trading partners.

as for the other 2, I'd give eBay a call and ask them that if you do get negs or your stars get dinged by these three customers, if they will do anything about it - ie remove the feedback and stars etc.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 28 of 168
Latest reply

I am a seller and a buyer and I have been caught up in this as a buyer having to buy 6 items.I did ask all the sellers if they could cancel but only one out of the six agreed to do it.But because it isn't the sellers fault I will not be giving the other five sellers negative feedback so I agree that all the buyers that have been caught up in this situation have to realize that it's not the sellers fault if they don't cancel the transactions thus giving them negative feedback as the sellers have not asked ebay to hand out invalid vouchers.

Message 29 of 168
Latest reply

You could still try use the CABANA1 coupon for 10% off... see if that one works?

Message 30 of 168
Latest reply