Unable to paySeller

I can't believe no one has posted this problem on the Community Discussion Board . . . Thursday January 10th went to pay s seller and low & behold I can't . . . process came up with an 'error message' and it said to try later. Phoned eBay . . . technical error with payment sytem won't allo buyers to pay a seller with more than 3 items . . .eBay said they're trying to fix the problem and try again in 24 to 48 hours.

So, a global multimillion dollar corporation that makes billions of dollars can cause great inconveinence and stress at buyers expense, let alone the issue with sellers who aren't aware of this 'glitch' and may lodge 'Unpaid Item Disputes', and don't have the resources to fix the problem sooner???

Seems to be a one way street here that works for eBay . . . and on top of that there's no messaging service (real time) from eBay to advise either buyers or sellers to TELL them that theres a payment issue 'glitch' etc. . . so where's the "Customer Service" in this picture . . . there isn't any . . . it's BLANK! . . . and at my expense.

Went to request a call from eBay today (Friday January 11th) and the prompt message that came up posted a message that I've exceeded my limit of (1) call back from eBay in one day . . . I called them yesterday, I did not request a

'call back' yesterday and I can't get a call back today???? Go fiqure!!!!

It's no wonder that buyers & sellers are deserting eBay to the competition . . .eBay has failed in this instance to keep a customer happy with simple Customer Service action . . . and it's at NO BIG EXPENSE either . . .overheads are tax deductable in business . . ....which means more profit.

Happy trails . . .

Shatz52

Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Unable to paySeller

Great plan and would probably work for a seller here, in the USA, Canada, Europe where English is a main language but not with this seller I'm dealing with.

The seller is in Cambodia . . . we have a translation,and lanquage issue with English. They speak mainly Vietnamese and Khmer.

They have difficulty understanding english and their replies are in very broken english which even for me takes time to decipher and understand. Simple questions or instructions don't work well (I've tried over several years) with this seller. It might take me 6 messages in over a month to get to a point that works for both of us in understanding. So it's not as simple as asking them to do this and then that etc, etc.

I am at a point where if I did ask them to action what you suggested it would turn into a nightmare and right now I'm waiting on eBay to fix the issue (eventually they should - they did it before) and that's the easiest solution belivev it or not.

Many thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers

Message 41 of 52
Latest reply

Sorry for the mispell . . .it's "believe it or not"

Message 42 of 52
Latest reply

hey shatz, I have sent you a Private Message.  You can access it by clicking the link

E5F248CF-54BA-4142-8ED2-A17B98A006C1.jpeg

Message 43 of 52
Latest reply

Aside from wanting the items, I want to be able to use eBay as intended at any time without a problem. Ebay is for buying & selling not passing time and it’s not a ‘social circle’ that you participate in is it? So yes I want the items and the ability to do so without a problem and in this case I need a solution to do so, why else would I be on eBay? Not too pass the time away.

Someone at eBay will give a hoot because I’m giving them grief and adding pressure in bringing attention to the issue to the wider community and that’s not good publicity for them.

The tech team is looking into it . . . just not fast enough. I am putting pressure on them for me to use eBay the way eBay does work for everyone else. I will make change because it can be done.

I have NOT been on the attack with people who are just trying to find a solution. I haven’t asked anyone to FIND a solution.

Everyone has volunteered to do so and I greatly appreciate and thank everyone for their efforts.

But what everyone might not understand is that I already HAVE the solution. The solution was provided to me last time this happened in 2018 and that solution rests with the technical team. The technical glitch will be fixed and I just have to wait.

Waiting it doesn’t mean I have to stay quiet, not push for action or not tell the wider community about it. That’s what this forum is for aside from finding solutions. Just because I don’t click on everyone’s ‘solution found’ button shouldn’t mean I get flack for not doing so.

I haven’t finished complaining (which you call whining) and if you personally believe you’re ‘done with it then don’t read the posts! No one is forcing you to do so. You say you are ALL done with it then I hope someone makes you the Discussion Post TEAM LEADER . . . let me know and that’ll be the end of it.

Don’t get your knickers in a knot Smiley Very Happy Chill out.

Cheers

Message 44 of 52
Latest reply

Ebay has a social forum, like most websites.

But I won't give you the link, cos I don't think it would suit your mentality atm.

Related image

Message 45 of 52
Latest reply

Thanks for the info. That's great! . . . I hope they don't complain there Smiley Indifferent

Your right  . . . it probably wouldn't.

Cheerios 

Message 46 of 52
Latest reply

Did somebody say LEADER?

Yep! . . . . wanna submit your application  . . .it'll be music to my ears,

I read a story that made cents . . . turn into dollars.

Happy trails

Message 48 of 52
Latest reply

Spoiler
 I used to date an alcoholic magician many years ago.

Every time we went out, he turned into a pub    tada.gif       pmsl.gif
Message 49 of 52
Latest reply

I'm sorry but you don't have a solution because the tech team obviously don't know how to fix it or they would have done it.

Have you thought about opening a new account in the hope that it doesn't have the same problems?
Message 50 of 52
Latest reply