WHO ELSE IS SICK AND TIRED OF CHINESE SELLERS WHO DON'T COMPLY???

Now where do we begin......

1. No item in stock despite NOTHING mentioned in the listing
  2. Item never arriving or turns up 5 months later....seller blames it on Australian customs.
  3. Cheap junk not worth the hassle, looks great in the photo, but a pile of c.ra.p.
  4. add your experience.....
Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: WHO ELSE IS SICK AND TIRED OF CHINESE SELLERS WHO DON'T COMPLY???

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

And the point of your post is? You are preaching to the converted. A completely pointless post. Stop buying from Chinese sellers if they irk you so much. Problem solved. Just like that. Too easy!

wurzel appears on the boards when he/she feels the need to either have a vent or wind up members.........not necessarily in that order.

Spoiler
..........sometimes both at once...............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 37
Latest reply

@worzel*gummidge wrote:

Now where do we begin......

1. No item in stock despite NOTHING mentioned in the listing
  2. Item never arriving or turns up 5 months later....seller blames it on Australian customs.
  3. Cheap junk not worth the hassle, looks great in the photo, but a pile of c.ra.p.
  4. add your experience.....

I've been on the boards a few years now and never, ever have I come across anyone who enjoys

1. Buying then being told there is no item in stock

2. Not receiving their item in a reasonable time

3. Being lied to about the location of their item

4. Finding out that the stuff they bought isn't as good quality in real life as it is in the picture.

In fact, I could even put it a bit more strongly than that.Smiley Happy I'd say everyone hates a bad buying experience.

But worzel, let's face it, you're having a lot of bad buying experiences on ebay lately. And I think I have sussed out why. It's because you're repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

First you've got to realise that ebay is not going to touch the Chinese sellers. It hasn't in the past and there's no sign they intend to clamp down, so just accept that some Chinese sellers can and will get away with doing stuff that would see Australian sellers in dire trouble. Hold that thought.

The easiest solution is to just not buy from China. I can guarantee you that if you pretty well stick to Australian sellers, it will be problems solved. Or 99.9% of the time, anyway.

The next thing, if you really feel you must buy from a Chinese seller (and I have done so occasionally. Have never waited 5 months and have sometimes got some great little bargains) is to do 2 things. Check out their feedback & if everyone is complaining that items don't arrive-then don't buy from that seller. Next, keep any purchases from China to small things where quality is not paramount. Don't touch electricals and stuff like that.

And if you do buy from China and something doesn't arrive, put in a claim with ebay soon after the due date passes, no matter what the seller says. 

You're making some of your own problems at the moment, so change course.

Message 12 of 37
Latest reply

@barney_rubbles wrote:

so obviously you think it's ok for sellers to lie then, they are blatantly lying when it says item location Australia when they're actually sending it from another country, they deserve a negative for lying.

No I don't think that.

However if the item arrives as described & on time I would not leave a neg.

After all I had the oppurtunity to see where the seller is registered & then make a decision to buy or not.

Message 13 of 37
Latest reply

well i did not have the opportunity to see the seller was based overseas because the item location clearly stated Australia so i did not look on their fb profile for what country they were based in. And i would think plenty of buyers would be the same, we should not have to do so either, sellers should not lie about the item location, they do not deserve positive fb.

Message 14 of 37
Latest reply

Ah...but you did have the opportunity'

Lokks like you & " plenty of buyers" do things differently to me.

Feedback is the very first thing I look at...if I don't like what I see I move on.

We may have to agree to disagree...Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 37
Latest reply

yes i look at the fb score first, didn't notice that it also says their location till maybe a yr or so ago so now i know, but i didn't before that

Message 16 of 37
Latest reply

Gee weasel, you really need to get off the juice buddy. No idea why you'd go back more than a year later and leave abusive follow up feedback, to your already absuive feedback, when neither the seller, nor buyers, are ever going to see it. It just shows you to be the person you really are, nothing more. You sound like an utter delight, and I'd love to have you over for dinner some time. I make a mean honey chicken. How's this Saturday night for you?

Message 17 of 37
Latest reply

As is so often the case, "Feedback Left For Others" pretty much tells you everything you need to know: fake positives, borderline racism, abuse, "all caps", multiple punctuation marks at the end of each remark, etc.

Chinese sellers pretending to be in Australia aren't the only thing eBay needs to stamp out...

Message 18 of 37
Latest reply

I'm just wondering...apart from the issue of items supposedly being in Australia, are there certain items that should be avoided like the plague when buying from China?

I ask this because in the past I've bought: I've items for a computer.....and they ended up rubbish (barely lasted a week), dolls clothes that were substandard in all respects, gadgets that never turned up (with the old delaying tactics beyond the feedback time limit) etc.

However...more recently I've bought some excellent items from China.  Some were said to be in Oz, for others the seller stated the items were in China or Hong Kong.  (Only one item turned up so quickly it might have already been in Oz).  For all of them I couldn't find an equiv from Oz sellers so I took a gamble and it has worked out.  I've noticed from the items I've bought lately that tracking has been included and (to my annoyance) often signature on delivery though they never specify it.

I think that as far as some Chinese sellers are concerned, they have definitely lifted their game.  I have some display boxes for my collectables that are wonderfully made and not expensive.  I even took the chance and bought some fitted sheets (well there wasn't an Oz seller with any advertised in the colour 'Shallow Coffee'). 🙂  The sheets are very good and I plan to buy more.

Seriously, with al the comments on the forum, we should know where to look to see where the Chinese sellers' items are really from. by now  But also, I say even if the stock is in China, don't write it off automatically.  Do your homework, read the reviews, check that there is no Oz equivalent first....then make an informed decision.

Message 19 of 37
Latest reply

I suspect the OP is racist and keeps buying things from Asian sellers for the sole purpose of being able to abuse them via feedback. Generally people like the OP are gutless wonders and would never say such stuff to their face. In some of his feedback left, he requested food. That leads me to believe that he's happy to eat their food, just don't breathe his air.

Give me dodgy Asian sellers any day over this piece of work.......

Spoiler
Who I suspect may not be able to reply to any posts at the moment........
Message 20 of 37
Latest reply