Where are the GST receipts? On ebay or Paypal

6o7o8o
Community Member

Hi

I just bought an item over $1000 from the US and for customs forms I need to show proof of GST payment.

Does anyone know where this is?

I've looked for advise all morning but still can't find it.

Regards

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Where are the GST receipts? On ebay or Paypal

Winning because they did not turn up is not really winning.

Message 11 of 34
Latest reply

I'll count it as a win! And besides I don't pick fights I can't win.
Message 12 of 34
Latest reply

If the GST was definitey paid at checkout and you cannot find it in paypal, try looking at your funding source (bank account, credit card etc)

The GST shows as a separate transaction and shown as going to a paypal account owned by ebay.  It is not just shown as being one payment to the seller.

I am at a loss to understand why it does not show on the paypal transaction.....I have made several overseas purchases recently and the GST is shown as a separate transaction on every one of them.

Message 13 of 34
Latest reply

@6o7o8o wrote:
I'll count it as a win! And besides I don't pick fights I can't win.

Anyone else feeling a little deja vu after reading this ?

Message 14 of 34
Latest reply

My spidey senses were sure tingling   Related image

Message 15 of 34
Latest reply

Have you tried going to the relevant purchase in your purchase history and then clicking on View Order Details?
Message 16 of 34
Latest reply

If you log into your Paypal account you should see payments to "eBay Australia & New Zealand Pty Limited"  If you click on any of those you will see they are your GST payments, it also gives you the transaction number so you can see which purchase it belongs to.

Message 17 of 34
Latest reply

If you cannot find a record of the amount of the GST how do you know that it has been paid?

An item over AU$1000 should not have GST charged at payment....it should be paid to Aussie Customs when the item arrives here....before the item is released to you.

Message 18 of 34
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

If you cannot find a record of the amount of the GST how do you know that it has been paid?

An item over AU$1000 should not have GST charged at payment....it should be paid to Aussie Customs when the item arrives here....before the item is released to you.

I reckon the OP might be showing us their bootscooting skills when they find out the customs duty and charges are around 25% of the item and postage price.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 19 of 34
Latest reply

Thanks shoppingbag* it was in my Paypal account under eBay Australia & New Zealand.....I may have been 'double-dipped' if I hadn't found that.
Unusual as I rang and 2 out of 3 homeaffairs spokespersons on the phone said that shouldn't have happened and that I should have paid on the border
Message 20 of 34
Latest reply