Won item at auction seller now wants $260 more

Hi , Everyone 

I won the auction today on a chainsaw , I was very happy until I recieved 3 ebay messages from seller saying , i wont sell

at auction price. I did send a message back stating he should have canceeled the auction befor close, as he had no intention to sell it for less than his price, you guesed it still no answer. He is now wanting 260 dollars more for the item after auction.  Any advice on what to do next would be grateful

Thanks, M

Message 1 of 104
Latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

Re: Won item at auction seller now wants $260 more

@robinsonmarineparts wrote:

@123gumbybear wrote:

Hi , Everyone 

I won the auction today on a chainsaw , I was very happy until I recieved 3 ebay messages from seller saying , i wont sell

at auction price. I did send a message back stating he should have canceeled the auction befor close, as he had no intention to sell it for less than his price, you guesed it still no answer. He is now wanting 260 dollars more for the item after auction.  Any advice on what to do next would be grateful

Thanks, M

You won the auction so just pay what you owe.

Sellers problem not yours.Smiley Wink

It's a pick up only sale, so the OP would have no comeback if the seller refused to part with the chainsaw and refused to refund the money. If it was a posted item then I'd be all for encouraging payment asap. Purely for giving the seller a defect by opening a dispute.

Message 21 of 104
Latest reply

66.7% feeedback ..... relisting items ........ buy it now/best offer .......  Some do not realise this information is public domain.

Message 22 of 104
Latest reply

Oh dear, looks like it's now relisted twice with a BIN of $650.00, doesn't look good for the seller........

Makes sound of Lurch, addams family.

image host
Message 23 of 104
Latest reply

I think it is actually a pity you can't give this seller some feedback, he's a serial pest. I really couldn't care if he is new to selling, he's doing a fair bit of it without even bothering to read up on it all. It sounds as if he is just doing whatever he wants without any consideration for others.

I don't think it is a bad thing he is gathering some negatives.

I wouldn't pay for the item but on the positive side, I don't think this man will put in a non payment dispute.

He might find that he is left with unsold tools if he isn't careful, as he might not get the price he wants.

Last laugh might be on him.

Message 24 of 104
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

I think it is actually a pity you can't give this seller some feedback, he's a serial pest. I really couldn't care if he is new to selling, he's doing a fair bit of it without even bothering to read up on it all. It sounds as if he is just doing whatever he wants without any consideration for others.

I don't think it is a bad thing he is gathering some negatives.

I wouldn't pay for the item but on the positive side, I don't think this man will put in a non payment dispute.

He might find that he is left with unsold tools if he isn't careful, as he might not get the price he wants.

Last laugh might be on him.

Absolutely no disrepect springy, but the seller has only sold 3 (I think items) but they're relisting and going about it all wrong way as you say, but I'll guarantee there's a hell of a lot more that don't get to the boards and get some advice on how to sell.

Is another neg/neut worth it? When all he has to do is find this thread.............I'm not going to do it but maybe it's a way to educate the new seller.

I suspect it's another NFI newbie seller that eBay has sucked in with a low start price and BIN, mind you as other posters have said the sellers 2nd hand chainsaws aren't worth half of what he/she is asking.

G'day Kopes........................the muskies wouldn't do that !!!!!!

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 25 of 104
Latest reply

Haven't looked but is there a Hino in the background?Woman Wink

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 26 of 104
Latest reply

I,ve got a Stihl in the shed too. Same deal it just wont start, even after a $150 tune up at the small engine shop.

I went to a church trash and treasure this weekend and picked up a near new Poulin Pro 18 inch chainsaw for $20.00 They said it was a deceased estate item, that had problems and didnt work.

Got it home and it started instantly, but chain brake was stuck. It was an inertia brake and just came loose with a gentle tap with a hammer. Once the chain started moving I went to cut some wood to try it out. It was that blunt it wouldnt cut the top off a carrot.  Smiley Sad    Further investigation showed the chain was on backwards. Turned this around and it works like a dream. I suspect the chain was put on the wrong way from new, didnt work and the whole thing was just thrown in the corner of the shed in disgust. Basically a new saw for twenty bucks.  Its nice to win one now and again.   Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 104
Latest reply

Did someone tell the seller about this thread?

Both listings for the chainsaws have been ended.  smiley-girl-thinking_189938955.gif

Message 28 of 104
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

However ebay auctions are technically a tender hence not enforceable under normal contract law.

Not likely to make a difference to OP but just wanted to point out that eBay auctions do in fact constitute a binding contract (legally enforceable), there is case law to this effect.

Message 29 of 104
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Did someone tell the seller about this thread?

Both listings for the chainsaws have been ended.  smiley-girl-thinking_189938955.gif

Not guilty! He'd only listed them today so seems like a waste of 2 listings. He's sold 4 items, 2 of which he didn't hand over. My guess being a new seller he hasn't cancelled the transactions, so he's out nearly $50. I noticed he's listed another over priced second hand lawn mower.

Message 30 of 104
Latest reply