eBay Harassment

I do not appreciate eBay's Harassment accusing me of not following "our Absive buyer policy" Is eBay suggesting that if a seller sells an item that isn't fit for a purpose, we should not exercise our right and request a refund? 

I suggest eBay should vet their seller to determine if an item is fit for a purpose, especially a business seller.

The action of eBay is very disappointing.

Message 1 of 97
Latest reply
96 REPLIES 96

Re: eBay Harassment

You are entitled to your opinion.

Message 81 of 97
Latest reply

@sunrise_1959 wrote:

Fake as in, it doesn't provide the alleged benefits.

I can't know for sure, but it is sounding more & more that, as I said earlier, it is the word fake that has got you into trouble.

The seller has probably reported this to ebay as defamatory.

You have to be extremely careful what words you use.

The word 'fake' does not mean the item is bad quality, it doesn't mean the item fails to perform as advertised. 

It implies the item is counterfeit, it is a copy of a genuine brand.

It's quite possible to buy something that is definitely not a fake & find it's a piece of rubbish, to put it politely. I bought a Fisher & Paykel fridge about 4 years back & it sure didn't provide me with the alleged benefits either. Fortunately it was replaced under warranty. I wrote a scathing review about it on another site but I never claimed it was a fake.

So you need to focus for next time, on what you can say to ebay if there is ever a next time you need to make a claim.

You can make a claim if the product is faulty or damaged, you can say if an item does not match the description in some way eg maybe not the right size, colour etc or with problems not mentioned in the ad.

But you can't say fake unless you had some proof it really wasn't the brand as advertised.

In feedback you can say that you didn't like an item or that it wasn't as good as you expected. I've seen other people say, for example, that an item was flimsy or poor quality and they wouldn't recommend it. Just steer clear of the word fake.

Message 82 of 97
Latest reply

You have to be accurate when you open a case, or you will lose the case.

For example, if something is missing from a parcel it is not an INR case, but an INAD case.

The product has a brand (Rayhong). If you call it fake, it means it is a knock-off of that brand. It does not mean it does not do what it is supposed to do.       

Additionally, if you complain that it is liquid and the title/description says it is liquid, eBay will think that you have not read the description.

Message 83 of 97
Latest reply

The return reason used is Doesn't match description or photos.

In the comments is did use the word fake.

Message 84 of 97
Latest reply

Still making up stories and inventing nonsense to suit yourself

Buyers cannot be left negative feedback is what you were told

Message 85 of 97
Latest reply

The understood quite well that I wrote buyers cannot be left negs

They just twisted what was said as they have done many times already

I do hope this is one thread eBay do read

Message 86 of 97
Latest reply

I don't normally leave feedback. 

When I was in the process of leave a negative feedback it prompted me to contact the seller so I was led to believe negative feedback isn't possible.

Not sure what am I making to suit myself.

Message 87 of 97
Latest reply

@sunrise_1959 wrote:

I don't normally leave feedback. 

I am always surprised when an ebay member who is selling does not leave feedback when buying. I consider leaving feedback a courtesy. I can understand why members who are only buyers don't leave feedback. However sellers are usually aware that having good feedback from their customers is a good thing and one way to encourage this is by example.

You are unhappy with a product, fair enough, leave a review on the product listing its inadequacies.  When buying a product for the first time I recommend first checking online for reviews - a check of the Ray Hong brand product does have some unhappy customers in Asia.

Message 88 of 97
Latest reply

Well I dont know how many times  I have told you exactly what springy posted, yet you give springy a kudo,

go figure.

You breached the policy, take your medicine  and accept the warning from ebay is valid, and learn from it.

Message 89 of 97
Latest reply

GP, I certainly hope the OP doesn't get any more problems with buying or selling on eBay, because their response to members answers here may well put members off from giving furthur help for them.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 90 of 97
Latest reply