is this item fake?

sezeling
Community Member

hi guys

i just bought an item at a ridiculously low price (200$ with free postage) while fair market price should be somewhere around 600$.

basically it is a ferrari resin model made by bbr and i check the detailed description and make sure everthing is ok, i paid via paypal and the item support paypal money back policy as well. the feedback of this seller is 100% and it seems fine but i am still worried since it is almost impossible to buy such a bargain!! i am quite good at model cars and there is no way they make something copycat to replace the authentic ones, so what should i do? is this fake for obvious reasons or should i wait since the seller just mark it as shipped?

Message 1 of 93
Latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

Re: is this item fake?

There is about 3 feedbacks on the cars

Message 11 of 93
Latest reply

DO NOT contact the seller. Just wait and see what happens. It's possible he will post something. It could be a piece of paper, it could be a fake silk scarf, it could be the car. If the seller is a scammer, he will be relying on newer buyers like yourself with low feedback. Most low feedback buyers don't know they can get their money back if the item doesn't arrive, or it's not what they bought. Therefore, the scammer gets to keep the ill gotten funds. That boosts their confidence and the scams get bigger.

He only had 2 new ones listed when I checked earlier, he changed that to 3. He's also demanding immediate payment. Not a way to prove they are a scammer, but most scammers do require immediate payment.

It's a good thing you popped in here to ask advice. Hopefully all will be OK, but in the event it's not, there are a lot of people here who can help you get a refund if need be. If it comes to that, don't open any disputes without coming back here first to ask advice.

Message 12 of 93
Latest reply

No-one's bothered that this seller has sold 13  of that particular car in just 7 days?

Sounds all wrong - seven ways from Sunday

Message 13 of 93
Latest reply

i did not contact the seller, intead i decided to wait to see what kind of drama he is playing. i mean it does not make sense, if i did not receive the item or the item is not as described then i could definitly get refund through paypal/ebay, so what is the point? how do sellers of this category make profit by doing this?

Message 14 of 93
Latest reply

yep given the fact the this car is only limited to 20pcs worldwide that is super suspiciou.

Message 15 of 93
Latest reply

the problem is that i bought it by fixed price intead of bidding and it is true that 200$ for this model is basically free given the actual value of  it. 

Message 16 of 93
Latest reply

If it isn't real

Sellers make a profit by selling an item worth next to nothing for 200$ if the buyer never knows

Plus get your details

If it real, then a seller just may not know the true value (just a general statement...as if only a few were made...)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 17 of 93
Latest reply

sezeling
Community Member
yep let's wait and see what is going to happen I will update in case of any consequences
Message 18 of 93
Latest reply

sezeling
Community Member
yep thx guys I will keeping updating
Message 19 of 93
Latest reply

sezeling
Community Member
yep thx guys I will keep updating