lengthy wait for shipping of item

I brought an item from a UK seller on the 3rd March, I just enquired when they would ship it and they said 19th March. This a long time to wait? But possibly its an estimate.Man Frustrated

Message 1 of 76
Latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

any updates michelle?

Message 51 of 76
Latest reply

@digital*ghostwrote:

The long handling time and listing items they don't have in stock are still 2 different issues, though. A seller may take advantage of being able to have a longer handling time in order to do that, but it's the same kind of issue of sellers exploiting variation listings with different, low priced items. 

The function isn't the problem, the abuse is, and there are alternative ways to deal with it. 

It's not acceptable (to me, anyway) to simply say these buyers are "typical" in their expectations and therefore all sellers have to be the ones to change practices - if, as you say, the seller doesn't deserve the negs with regards to long wait times but ultimate delivery within ETAs, and that's evidence of typical buyers on eBay, then the site is in worse shape than I thought. 

I can't say for absolute sure that the items would have been delivered within their ETA but I suspect it would usually be the case. Going on my own experience though, you won't get it a second earlier. I think mine arrived a day later after ETA and that was after a wait of 5 or 6 weeks, I forget exactly. When ebay asked was it delivered in time I  had no problem with answering no. With other sellers, if delivery was meant to take place in a week or two but was a day over, I wouldn't bother letting ebay know, I'd tick yes. But when someone has 6 weeks and can't get it right, well, I guess i was like some of those other buyers, I was at my limit.

One of the feedback comments half way down mentions delivery not expected till 15 Mar, so in other words they know when it is expected yet they are giving a neg now because of the wait. They bought on 8 Feb.

All I can say for sure is the seller's ratio of negs/neutrals is way, way higher than most of the sellers i normally buy from and the reasons seem to me to be (going on the FB) because of cancellations and long delivery times.

I don't know that all sellers should have to change their practices as such, but as I said, if I were an ebay exec, I'd be wondering how to tackle the problem of sellers who accumulate hundreds of negs & neutrals. I suppose with really huge sellers they could just delete them & problem solved as we've seen happen to some.

I guess it's a personal opinion but I don't think sellers like this are screaming  'best practice'.

Message 52 of 76
Latest reply

I did message seller again and they said if you want item shipped quicker pay more for express postage (option is at checkout.) And they also said delivery time is anything from 7 to 21 days. That was it. I think I will be very lucky if the item is shipped. I have sent another email saying any chance of item being shipped this week.
Message 53 of 76
Latest reply

The item number is: 132524050806
Message 54 of 76
Latest reply

@springyzonewrote:

I don't know that all sellers should have to change their practices as such, but as I said, if I were an ebay exec, I'd be wondering how to tackle the problem of sellers who accumulate hundreds of negs & neutrals. I suppose with really huge sellers they could just delete them & problem solved as we've seen happen to some.

I guess it's a personal opinion but I don't think sellers like this are screaming  'best practice'.

The reason for the practice is one out of many, though, with most others being legitimate reasons ("best practice" should be subjective and / or contextual, IMO).

I think at this stage we'll probably both continue to say the same things, perhaps in different ways, but one of the reasons for my persistance has a little less to do with you, and a little more to do with eBay in general, in that I am so sick of freedoms being taken away from sellers because of what I see as poor buyer behaviour (impatience, ignorance, creating expectations in fantasy land due to inattention etc), and that seems to be the crux of the debate, or is at least the stance I am discussing it from -  correct me if I'm wrong, but what I see as primarily a buyer behaviour problem, you see as a seller behaviour problem instead, which I simply can't agree with so will just have to agree to disagree on that. 

As a seller, if an issue happens more than once or twice, I look at what I can do to help ensure it doesn't happen again. If I can't or won't change the issue that's causing problems, then I need to look at ways to communicate what needs to be communicated to even the laziest of eBay buyers, so, if I was an ebay exec, my solution would simply be this:

it's a vase thing

Message 55 of 76
Latest reply

Yes, that type of ad isn't a bad idea, let's hope some of the ebay spies roam the boards occasionally. I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

Message 56 of 76
Latest reply

Item has been shipped. Phew....
Message 57 of 76
Latest reply

Congratulations!   A three page thead all because you were too impatient to allow for the timeframe stated by the seller.

Message 58 of 76
Latest reply

I'm sure you'll be fine with this one michelle 'cos they have simply awesome feedback..........................

G'day lyndal............................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 59 of 76
Latest reply

Yeah, maybe. 

Bet she can't buy from them again, though

Message 60 of 76
Latest reply