missleading product listings

anno250
Community Member

Hi, I've been searching for a TPS (throttle position sensor) for a VY Commodore V6 and I've found these listings for

TPS Throttle Position Sensor For Holden Commodore V6, VS, VT, VU Ute, VX ,VY

When I've used the compatiblity checker it says its not compatilbe so I got in contact with the Seller and they said its not compatible .So what are they selling? I told the seller they need to change the title or remove it and they replied that they tell the sales department . Its missleading and they not the only ones there's heaps of them all advertising the same thing.

Can someone make them either correct the listings or remove them.

I've been caught before buying something similar that was listed as the right product but when I got it it was the wrong type.

Whats Ebays policy on this?

Please let me know this makes me uncertain on buying these sorts of products.

Cheers

Brian Dodson

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: missleading product listings

This board is 'staffed' by eBay members. eBay do not read or respond to board posts.

So nobody here can make them list accurately, and eBay has a demonstrated disinterest in policing their policies.

If it was me, I'd go to my local Holden dealer, or a reputable after market dealer. But that's just me.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

So anybody can list anything they want illegal or otherwise?

No wander its not easy to find any help on here just try to send them a Email

And no wander Ebays lost people to Marketplace.

Great what a waste of space

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

See ya

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

@anno250 wrote:

So anybody can list anything they want illegal or otherwise?

No wander its not easy to find any help on here just try to send them a Email

And no wander Ebays lost people to Marketplace.

Great what a waste of space

Every listing states -

Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Have you heard of Repco,Super Cheap Auto?

The only time any member of our family needed a car part we either sourced out someone who had the same car and was selling the parts or always from the above mentioned.

Go there when the sales are on and what you buy will have warranty.

If you want a second hand part then the wreckers are your best bet.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Have you heard of Repco,Super Cheap Auto? Oh der you think .So what your saying that its ok to advertise something thats missleading.

So you buy the dearest parts allways do you .Supercheap want $100 for a tps these people are selling tps's for $10 wouldn't you look .

I found a OEM TPS on Ebay for $40 that is the right one so if you think I'm going to pay $100 when I can get one cheaper you must be made of money. And as for your Waranty if you put it on yourself your Waranty is worthless.

My issue was a missleading listings not that I could get one from Supercrap..

So much for making Ebay and users aware .

I should have gone to Ebay direct

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@anno250 wrote:

Have you heard of Repco,Super Cheap Auto? Oh der you think .So what your saying that its ok to advertise something thats missleading.

So you buy the dearest parts allways do you .Supercheap want $100 for a tps these people are selling tps's for $10 wouldn't you look .

I found a OEM TPS on Ebay for $40 that is the right one so if you think I'm going to pay $100 when I can get one cheaper you must be made of money. And as for your Waranty if you put it on yourself your Waranty is worthless.

My issue was a missleading listings not that I could get one from Supercrap..

So much for making Ebay and users aware .

I should have gone to Ebay direct

You really don't understand how eBay works. Except that you bought what you needed at a price you were willing to pay. What eBay is about.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Have you reported the items?

Yes, you should go to eBay direct, eBay do not read here,at all

And also tell buyers who insist on buying from scammers and keeping them in business

Emailing eBay is pointless as it is an automated bot system, and the bots will not do anything

The help tab to contact ebay is at the top and bottom of ever page

Get a call back and ask to speak to a supervisor,instead of blaming members who give you honest answers

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply