possible scammer

anyone else deal with this seller called <removed> ? i bought 4 high powered on the 01/12/13

3 from that listing and a 4th one from one of his other listings that ended up getting taken down by ebay for reasons unkown . the seller just does NOT RESPOND TO EMAILS , and he has already started getting negative feedback from other members with the same issue . i really dont know what i should do ? should i still wait for the items to show up or just put in a claim to paypal ? the whole thing smelled like a scam from the start him selling the flashlights at $15.99

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: possible scammer

Don't know how much he's laughing.  Your refund came out of his

paypal account!

Message 11 of 33
Latest reply

Not necessarily, I'm sorry to say. It depends upon how much the dodgy seller managed to withdraw from his account before Paypal put a hold on the disputed payments.
Message 12 of 33
Latest reply

You may also receive phishing Emails that pretend to be from eBay or Paypal,(as well as more spam).

The seller now has your correct name so they can address you in an Email the same way that eBay and PP do,(the

link in the Email will take you to a fake log in page).

Only ever log into those sites through your browser,NEVER via a link in an Email.

As stated,this is an ongoing scam that surfaces a number of times per year,(the last one involved over 150 ID's from

China,Malaysia and the Philippines.

The sell a variety of sought after items for very low prices and hope that people still believe that those prices are

real,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 13 of 33
Latest reply

I purchased a torch late November and here in Jan 2014, still hasn't arrived.  The estimated delivery date ended 30 December 2013. 

Message 14 of 33
Latest reply

same for me ordered shoes oct 15th never arrived they say they sent a second pair surprise these didn't arrive and now no replys to my emails about a refund.

Message 15 of 33
Latest reply

bozo1948
Community Member

Yes we have another one for sure plus a possible 3 more all selling the same thing in three different states all with in $5.00 of buy it now price and quoted as free delivery and all selling 7 machines each so buyer beware if your looking to buy a wood chipper mulcher.

This guy has taken the money through Pay Pal and no goods delivered,silly me should have known better after odering and paying I found the similar ads and become a little suspicious too late the money was gone and the waiting period for delivery is now over.

Emailed the seller twice to no reply.

I do have his so called name ( not trading name) his alias I think, pay pal supplied that on my statement so beware all you guys that are looking for gardening machinery.

The thing that is most annoying is the fact the bells don't ring soon enough and if they did you still have too long to wait before you can report it and there are no real fast courses of action and the scammers know this.

I know this works both ways seller and buyer scamming but it is about time we had a real complaint centre.

Message 16 of 33
Latest reply

Ummm this thread is 3 months old. You are replying to the already rippedoff?

Or haven't worked out that Paypal's 45 day stipulation means 45 days? The bells should ring when the seller doesn't provide the goods or a refund within 45 days.

I'm not sure what further insulation you require. Please elucidate. But not if it involves you ignoring the buyer protection rules. I am so over members complaining about getting ripped off when they don't bother to follow the rules they agree to when they join.

Message 17 of 33
Latest reply

Well I a'm sorry for being a new coplainant but we all can't be as smart as the people at the top of the chain.

Please put me in the right direction then and I will carry my complaint where it is needed in a more up to date thread. I will be waiting for this advice .

Point taken about the 45 day **bleep** but all this time wasting lets these scammers get away with it time and time again why don't ebay and pay pal list these people for all to see Huh! 

Message 18 of 33
Latest reply

Bozo,

You haven't left it too late to file a dispute.

Log on to Paypal and file a dispute immediately.

Escalate to a claim as soon as you can.

These fraudulent listings are reported to ebay constantly, with ebay doing very little about them these days.

Shame ebay shame.

Message 19 of 33
Latest reply

@bozo1948 wrote:

Well I a'm sorry for being a new coplainant but we all can't be as smart as the people at the top of the chain.

Please put me in the right direction then and I will carry my complaint where it is needed in a more up to date thread. I will be waiting for this advice .

Point taken about the 45 day **bleep** but all this time wasting lets these scammers get away with it time and time again why don't ebay and pay pal list these people for all to see Huh! .

I am not at the top of the chain, I just know how the system works.

45 days IS the relevant scenario. If you choose not to avail yourself of the protection offered, then you have no recourse. And how are eBay/Paypal to know? Do you think they have the resources to vet every listing?

Message 20 of 33
Latest reply