possible scammer

anyone else deal with this seller called <removed> ? i bought 4 high powered on the 01/12/13

3 from that listing and a 4th one from one of his other listings that ended up getting taken down by ebay for reasons unkown . the seller just does NOT RESPOND TO EMAILS , and he has already started getting negative feedback from other members with the same issue . i really dont know what i should do ? should i still wait for the items to show up or just put in a claim to paypal ? the whole thing smelled like a scam from the start him selling the flashlights at $15.99

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: possible scammer

Thank you siversterio2I have already started proceedings with Pay Pal now it is just awaiting game.

Yes as the years pass on it is becoming more and more apparent ebay selling and buying is becoming more and more a no go zone especilly for the uninitiated  the honest people of the world are few and far between these days. 

I must admit I don't live on ebay but with the few items I have bought the dealings have been top line and now that I have been scammed I feel a little peeved I don't call $335.00 chicken feed when you are living on a pension.

Message 21 of 33
Latest reply

@bozo1948 wrote:

Thank you siversterio2I have already started proceedings with Pay Pal now it is just awaiting game.

Yes as the years pass on it is becoming more and more apparent ebay selling and buying is becoming more and more a no go zone especilly for the uninitiated  the honest people of the world are few and far between these days. 

I must admit I don't live on ebay but with the few items I have bought the dealings have been top line and now that I have been scammed I feel a little peeved I don't call $335.00 chicken feed when you are living on a pension.

dont wait too long, escalate that complaint to a CLAIM to get your $$ back

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 22 of 33
Latest reply

Exactly  Dav

How are they to know ( Ebay -Pay Pal) if some one doesn't report it asap not down the road 45 days.

I have started my proceedings with Pay Pal No they ( Ebay) my not have the resources to vet every listing but any listing say over  $300.00 should have a special Criteria. May be  A bond of some sort to weed the legitimate from the scammers.

Message 23 of 33
Latest reply

@bozo1948 wrote:

Yes we have another one for sure plus a possible 3 more all selling the same thing in three different states all with in $5.00 of buy it now price and quoted as free delivery and all selling 7 machines each so buyer beware if your looking to buy a wood chipper mulcher.

This guy has taken the money through Pay Pal and no goods delivered,silly me should have known better after odering and paying I found the similar ads and become a little suspicious too late the money was gone and the waiting period for delivery is now over.

Emailed the seller twice to no reply.

I do have his so called name ( not trading name) his alias I think, pay pal supplied that on my statement so beware all you guys that are looking for gardening machinery.

The thing that is most annoying is the fact the bells don't ring soon enough and if they did you still have too long to wait before you can report it and there are no real fast courses of action and the scammers know this.

I know this works both ways seller and buyer scamming but it is about time we had a real complaint centre.

You bought your wood chipper mulcher on the 20th February...just 11 days ago.  How can you possibly say you have been ripped off.  You have plenty of time to open a dispute in paypal and get your money back.  You have 45 days before it is too late.

Why do you have to wait before reporting it?

Message 24 of 33
Latest reply

Yes I did buy it a 11 days ago,four days after purchase I emailed the seller requesting if all was ok for the sale of the item because pay pal had declined payment to the seller on my first statement. 3 days later and no reply from seller.

I waited another 2 days and emailed the seller once agin asking if he could give me an approximate despatching time seeing that Paypal had paid him  according to my statement dated 21/02/2014 .

And you guessed it still no reply what happened to customer service how hard is it to answer an email for gods sake???????

l

Message 25 of 33
Latest reply

What makes you think a scammer is interested in giving customer service?

And do you mean that paypal returned your first payment and you tried again?  Why would you do that?

Message 26 of 33
Latest reply

No PayPal didn't return my first payment they refused it on first application according to my statement that was on the 20/02/2014 then on the morning of the 21/02/2014  I checked my statement and it showed that the payment and transaction was complete and all I had to do was wait for delivery well the rest is history

Message 27 of 33
Latest reply

@bozo1948 wrote:

No PayPal didn't return my first payment they refused it on first application according to my statement that was on the 20/02/2014 then on the morning of the 21/02/2014  I checked my statement and it showed that the payment and transaction was complete and all I had to do was wait for delivery well the rest is history

Yes it all seems a bit murky when your trying to figure out what happened. I bought a honda pole saw brushcutter hedgetrimmer last night buy it now. This morning I find an email from ebay saying listing has been removed but no relevant explanation. I was able to cancel the paypal transaction as it hadn't completed because the seller wasn.t registered!!!??? I am lucky by the sound of it but surely we could have warnings about particular scams being around? (or maybe we alreadt do ?)

Message 28 of 33
Latest reply

You were warned about the scam when ebay removed the listing.....they will never give you a reason, ever.  But even if you had paid all you had to do was open a dispute in paypal and get your money back.

Ebay only know about these scams when they are reported.

Message 29 of 33
Latest reply

Hi lyndal1838,

the point is can anybody tell me the most direct route to making a complaint? it would be good to have a phone number or a direct complaints line then these things wouldn't take so long to report.

Here I am on a thread that is three months old so I was told, trying to warn people of a possible scam where else was I going to go to inform the masses These sorts of things should go on the home page for all to see, I know there is a lot more to it  than what I state but I think people should know  what scams are about on the site  one way or another.

I could think of lots of senerios where public pointing at possible scammers could be a problem for all concerned but still there has to be a better system.

I do hope that paypal investigate these scammers, and get thier money back too

Message 30 of 33
Latest reply