seller sends item with a note telling me to leave on loudest as it only works, when I complained she

I  bought and paid for items for my daugyter. Waited for them to arrive and when we opened it the seller placed a sticky note on the bottom telling me to leave it on loudest as it only works on that. In her description nothing mentions only works on loude. So instead of contacting me she thought it was fine to do this. I complained about it and then she makes out it still works thats not the point. Sometimes the toys are too loud on highest setting. She told me to sasy sorry to her before refunding me as I put a case in against her. I told her she should have contacted me before sending it if she only found out thats not fair on me. Now she  says I abused her. She told me to resend it back in the box and write return sender. You are not allowed to do this. When I told her she is not allowwed to do this she got abusive so I called ebay.

Message 1 of 47
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: seller sends item with a note telling me to leave on loudest as it only works, when I complained

Here's my impression, for what it's worth.

I would be very upset too if someone sent an item to me with a sticky note saying it only worked in limited circumstances when that was not mentioned in the ad.

I expect an ad to have all the details & it is very unfair on a buyer when faults aren't mentioned.

I was in a somewhat similar position once when I bought a table. Asked questions, then when it was delivered it had white marks on tabletop that had not been visible in photos OR mentioned when I asked questions. Seller response? Oh yes it could do with a repolish. That wasn't what the ad said-ad said excellent condition.

So I get it, I know exactly how you feel.

I am glad you won the case and if the seller isn't prepared to pay for return postage, too bad. If they ask again, just reply you are happy to return the item but not at your expense, they need to provide a bag or label. And follow through. If they do send the postage, be fair and post it back.

But if they won't then don't.

Apart from that, I wouldn't be getting into any further discussion or dealings with them.

I don't think you necessarily handled anything wrong. I would also take offence if a seller told me they would refund for a faulty item but only if I said sorry. That is unprofessional and has nothing to do with whether the item was faulty or not. They brought their troubles on themselves. I don't care if they have sold 6 things or 6000, if an item was faulty and they knew it, they should have just bitten the bullet and offered a full refund with return of the item or a partial refund & you kept it- and be done with it.

View solution in original post

Message 27 of 47
Latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: seller sends item with a note telling me to leave on loudest as it only works, when I complained

There doesn't seem to be a question here for anybody to answer.    So I will ask one, what did ebay say?

Message 2 of 47
Latest reply

Ebay could read her messages and said she keeps adimmitting to sending me a defective item. It is not fair that she did wrong and gets abusive towards me then tells me to say sorry to her and she will refund me and let my daughter have the toy as I wanted to send it back. One hour after she refunded me she demanded the item back, when I told her she has to pay for it to be returned she got nasty. I called ebay they told em I dont need to send it back as she refunded me and to ignore her messages

Message 3 of 47
Latest reply

So you feel okay about keeping the money and the item?

Message 4 of 47
Latest reply

@bella*jamie*funny*buggers wrote:

I  bought and paid for items for my daugyter.  Waited for them to arrive and when we opened it the seller placed a sticky note on the bottom telling me to leave it on loudest as it only works on that. In her description nothing mentions only works on loude. So instead of contacting me she thought it was fine to do this. I complained about it and then she makes out it still works thats not the point. Sometimes the toys are too loud on highest setting. She told me to sasy sorry to her before refunding me as I put a case in against her. I told her she should have contacted me before sending it if she only found out thats not fair on me. Now she  says I abused her. She told me to resend it back in the box and write return sender. You are not allowed to do this. When I told her she is not allowwed to do this she got abusive so I called ebay.

how many items did you buy from that seller?  How many did not meet your expectations? How many did you lodge a case about?  What was the toy that only works on the loudest setting?

I only ask these questions because I wish to get the full facts surrounding your purchase before offering advice or an opinion.

Message 5 of 47
Latest reply

I would feel perfectly OK about keeping an item if it was defective and the seller refused to pay for the return postage. If the seller wanted it returned they should have sent a return label and then refunded after they got it back. Instead they chose to make a refund and then demand the item be returned presumably at the buyer's expense which is not on.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 47
Latest reply

bought a wiggle piano and 2 books. She put new batteries in the piano foundit only worked on the loudest and decided to send it to me. When I opened the box and found the note I was not happy as she should have told me before sending it. Then she states its alright it still works well no as it has 2 volumes and only 1 works so it is defective. I first contacted her to resolve it and she was very rude at me telling me she put new batteries in it which that was stated in description and she thought it was okay to send it without telling me. As she became rude I contacted ebay and put a case in. She told me to re use the box write on it return to sender, You are not allowed to do this as the tracking number states delivered. And also it rips Australa post off and I am not like that. I did the write thing and she became abusive. Then told me to say sorry before she would refund me so I said I will not say sorry as she was in the wrong not me. She refunded me then 1 hour later sent abusive message demanding it back at my cost

Message 7 of 47
Latest reply

Boy, did she get worked up over red dots!

She doesn't handle fb very well.

If she wants it back, then she has to send you an ebay label.

Message 8 of 47
Latest reply

I hope that seller doesn't reaslise she can get the feedback removed because the OP mentioned the dispute.

Message 9 of 47
Latest reply

OP could get hers removed. (even though it's private)  Neg comment with a green dot.

Seller might get a slap.

smiley-girl-thinking_189938955.gif     But then it might draw attention to the OP's comments re dispute.

Message 10 of 47
Latest reply