FRAUD BUYER NO RIGHTS FOR BUYER BEWARE

I recently sold a BRAND new item to eBay. A very expensive dress that as soon as I got home, I changed my mind. I posted it that day to eBay and sold it after the 2nd listing. The buyer paid $110 less for the dress and I sent it as soon as the money came through. Posted it very carefully, the buyer received the dress and after the weekend put in a dispute with paypal saying the dress was second hand and had all this damage. It did not, it was brand new. I offered all the evidence to support my claims however they awarded it in the buyers favour. She was to send the dress back and I needed to offer a full refund.

So, the buyer has supplied a tracking number but it's now been 8 days and no dress has arrived. She has the money back but I have no dress.

Today by complete freakish coincidence I just happened to be in the store where I purchased the dress and a fellow shopper overheard my conversation with the sales ladies regarding my eBay nightmare and she approached me telling me of her similar situtation. What do you know.... THE SAME BUYER!!!! She obviously targets this particular brand. She has a private feedback block so can't leave details on her to warn other people of her behaviour. I have just spoke to eBay and they are going to investigate however they cannot let me know the outcome of their investigation, nor can they do anything regarding the transaction. I put in a dispute yesterday with paypal but because she has provided a tracking number they awarded the dispute in her favour. So here I am, obviously scammed, with no dress, and down $500. Where the hell are my rights? 

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: FRAUD BUYER NO RIGHTS FOR BUYER BEWARE

They have been deleted as the seller was the only one that could use them. I did not returm them because the seller kept my money. I am well aware of the rules, i know the law very well, my point was that he threatened and kept money for something he sold illegally and i had to make them all accountable ,which i did. Power to me!

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

Good, as long as they are out of circulation and the seller didn't get them back, all is well in the world again. Well done. 🙂
Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

Thanks for your thoughtful comments. Much appreciated. 

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

I think Paypal is failing to meet some seller expectations. I have problems with them. They have an aloof attitude when dealing with problems. They tend to give general answers instead of addressing your specific problem. May not be qualified staff.

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

@frannycrm wrote:

Hi i recently bought 2 village gold class vouchers for $60. I later found out they were fraudelant becuase the seller got them from the electricitiy company as a gift as was not aloud to sell or exchange them. When i asked buyer for my money back he said he would ,then threatened if i used the vouchers he would call the police. What a nasty person. Anyway i still have all emails from this person. I rang ebay and paypal AND REPORTED HIM. Paypal were trying to say because it was an on-line voucher ra ra. I kept saying , i want my $60 dollars back. I kept the heat up and then said in Australia fraud and threatening people is an offence and i will go to the ombudsman if paypal could not get my money back. In the end they could not get money back from the buyer but paypal refunded my $60. I contacted the buyer and told him seeing as you have my money ,you no longer own your vouchers they are now mine to keep. I am reported him to ebay as he threatened me with police. These people know your address and we as sellers or buyers need safety. I want him banished from ebay as he broke the ebay rules. There are alot of fraudelant activities going on and we have to keep on top of it. I also told them both i would cancel my accounts and go elsewhere. I hope that helps in some way.

Franny

It would appear that if you make enough of a fuss paypal will give you a refund to shut you up....nice one paypal!!!

Give money to members who are not eligible for a refund but hold seller's money for no reason.

Franny, just so you know. gift cards, tickets and vouchers are not covered by paypal at all.

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

Please join Facebook group eBay sellers Australia and name this person
Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

Hi

I am a new seller but been a buyer on Ebay for years.  

Now as a buyer I did a send back to a seller a couple of days ago.  

Now the way I  did it was this I think it is the way it as to be done

I opened a case with Ebay the same day I got the item.   I also wrote to the seller

I took pictures of the item when it arrived sent to Ebay together with the tracking No I obtained when posted it.

I now have to wait till the seller recieves the item and then give them six days to refund me.

So you should have received your dress first before you refunded the money.   If not recieved the dress and still refunded then not been too clever about it.  Sorry but that is the way it is.

I myself have my strife with Ebay because honestly do not think they are interested in looking after the interests of the honest dealers or buyers on here in the slightest.

Sorry for this happening to you.  I do not think your honesty has been repaid in anyway.

Try the last resort your bank,   they maybe able to help.   I was let down by Paypal and Ebay over a bracelet and seller refused to refund on a return even though not authentic and base metal.  I put a wrong number on the address and because of this could not refund me.    Although had told the dealer and Paypal was at post office and which one.  The dealer refused to pick it up.

My bank stepped straight in and got the money back for me.

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

As a new seller and buyer on ebay it makes me so angry to read these stories. Life is stressful enough and to have to put up with injustices like these makes me **bleep**. It makes it hard for honest sellers to even get a break these days especially when they are new to ebay.
Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

Please stop dragging up old threads to make inane comments.

This thread is over 3 years old and you have not added anything of value to the discussion.

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

Really OMG LOL!
Message 20 of 20
Latest reply