A community update?

cee-dee
Community Member

Hiya folks, long time no see but have to seen the update to the UK boards? Have a look at my links eh? One is to the Round Table, the other is to the Community Update.

Do you fancy having the same down here? It hasn't had a good reception in the UK so as your board layout is the easy-to-use layout I wondered what you thought of it?

The Round Table - The eBay Community

Community Updates - The eBay Community

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 122
Latest reply
121 REPLIES 121

Re: A community update?

I guess we will say goodbye to the Fun & Games Board as well??

I suppose they're freeing up bandwidth
Message 41 of 122
Latest reply

I haven't been fed any bull.

I looked at your thread when it first started and went....................

nope.gif     Not for me

Message 42 of 122
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:
I guess we will say goodbye to the Fun & Games Board as well??

I suppose they're freeing up bandwidth

Dunno Twynnie.

Don't recall that board even being mentioned at the time.

Message 43 of 122
Latest reply

Yes, I looked when that thread started and made a comment about what had been done to a favourite actor of mine.   The rather nasty reply made me decide to keep away.

Message 44 of 122
Latest reply

@bidicus*maximus wrote:

It appears that the "civil" question was just a set-up for another ambush... typical... 

What - I think that gives a little more credt than was asked for - I think added was - welcome.

Guess that I got my reward for trying to be nice...

Trying to be ' nice ' - good grief - it was full of porkies.

For the record... I have NEVER stated that any particular cartoon image represented any particular poster... but many posters do like to claim that some particular image is, "them"... I certainly can't help that...

Oh do give me a break - we may be ' down under ' - but didn't come down in the last shower.

So this is the reason you had to take down actual photos - you had gleaned from the press - of a particular US poster - adding your cretinus alterations & comments - more than often.

No-one can mistake - Gladys.

No-one can mistake - Domino - as in pizza - ' town drunk ' - ' village idiot '.

No-one could mistake the ' drunken landlord ' - given he happened to own property.

Who could possibly mistake an ID - Hockey+ - portrayed as ' Hillbilly '.

And no-one could mistake - the constant - geese - connection.

You might check the dates on some of the images that you are scolding me for, as well...

Believe me I have - you stated you barely only scanned titles over the past 3 years - who's the fly - fairly recent. LOL

AND it probably wouldn't hurt you any if you were to spit back up some of the bull that you've been fed instead of swallowing it whole...

What bull would that be.

Message 45 of 122
Latest reply

Well my goodness, you've all certainly responded and livened up the thread?

With the present new format on the UK boards, if a thread such as this was on-going, how the heck could you find it once other threads had been posted as the old threads would gradually move down the board.The only way I can find "old" threads is to either post a thread with some links to those old threads or to add the thread to favourites.

The trouble is.... very few are posting at all!

Coming to a board near you? Smiley Sad

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 46 of 122
Latest reply

@lyhargr_0 wrote:

Why the need for SECRECY ?    ...........  I find that tad weird

lyhargr, only replying to you to answer your question.  The bulk of this reply is just to inform others about that process some of us were involved in.

As has been stated, while the ‘discussions’ were going on we were asked to not discuss it outside of that discussion thread.  The exact quote from that thread was:

I’m really looking forward to hearing from you all, oh and please, for the next week or so keep this between us. I’ll let you know when we’re ready to do a general announcement.

I have a fairly good recollection of that whole experience and I must say that some of the flak that is being experienced by some members this long after the event is unwarranted, misplaced and XXXXXXXX (I don’t want to start an arguement with anyone so I have used Xs in place of the word I would like to use.

Here’s a brief rundown so that more of you have an understanding of that discussion.

- we were informed about the changes that were going to happen to the Australian Boards

- the Australian Boards were to be very much like the American Boards in the way the were structured and presented

- we were asked how the changes could be presented when the public announcement was to be made

- I don’t recall any of the invited members being happy about that as we saw it as a betrayal of our participation i.e. we were not prepared to suggest ways they could present the changes so that they would be accepted

- instead, the eBay Community Manager got a lot of open and frank pushback on the what was being presented to us

I can assure you that had there not been open and frank pushback we would have Boards that are much like the USA Boards with the way threads/posts appearing on your screen being more like what Facebook used to look like and the implementation of a ‘badges’ reward scheme.

Every member who posts on these CS threads can thank stawks . . . . because, without her open and frank defence of CS it would not be here.  CS was going to be removed from the Australian Boards altogether.

(To those who were party to that ‘secret’ discussion, the thread that we participated in is still able to be viewed if you want to refresh your memory about that discussion.  To access it just find the invite from michelleoz in your PMs.  That invite was dated 10/05/17)

There was universal dismissal of the notion that the Australian Boards needed to change and be more like the USA Boards.

Message 47 of 122
Latest reply

Thanks K1000 for the date to look for - I thought I had deleted it, but it's still there and so is the link to the 'secret' discussion.

I'm surprised they didn't delete it.

A quick refresher, and Kopes was also there at the coalface, jumping up and down as much as me about CS being deleted.

Also I noticed Fun and Games was also on the chopping block at that time.

I'll have to go and have a read of the whole thread now.  Four years ago is a long time for this tired old brain to remember.

Message 48 of 122
Latest reply

I'm very surprised at the people that they chose.  Mostly from buying and selling I see.

Message 49 of 122
Latest reply

As that would have been the main target, hardly surprising.

And irrelevant 4 years after.

And you only know of those who have 'come out'.

Message 50 of 122
Latest reply