Anyone else into seeking their ancestors?

I have become adicted to Ancestry.com and am lucky enough that one side of my family can be researched way back into the dim times.

The other side has hit a brick wall and I have to wait until someone else in the world may have more information.

How is everyone else going?

Message 1 of 4,080
Latest reply
4,079 REPLIES 4,079

Re: Anyone else into seeking their Ancestors?

Darkie, there is only one Roger Gibson that I could find and his service record hasnt been digitised...was he a major?

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 4021 of 4,080
Latest reply

Good Heavens punchy, yes he was 🙂  Fancy you finding him.

I have a lot of information on him, but I really didn't expect he'd turn up just like that 😄

You're a very clever gal  🙂

Message 4022 of 4,080
Latest reply

Darkie if you go to the national archives site you can request a copy of his full service record. Its costs $30 and they will digitise it and also send a printed copy to you in a folder.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 4023 of 4,080
Latest reply

Thank you punchy, will do that Smiley Happy

I am still impressed tho Smiley Very Happy

Message 4024 of 4,080
Latest reply

Punch..............if you are around could you do a look up for me.

Any marriage of a William Blades in Lincolnshire................between the years 1730-1760.

Trying to track their parents of............Anne Blades....born 8-5-1749 Bilsby Lincolnshire to Will and Sarah Blades.

I think they may have had an illegitimate child a few years earlier............Sarah Blades........first christened as Sarah Hansley/Ansley.......17-1-1747 in Cumberworth Lincolnshire....and then rechristened in Bilsby Linconshire and renamed Sarah Blades.

Message 4025 of 4,080
Latest reply

I have emailed some to you, no Sarah's though.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 4026 of 4,080
Latest reply

ThanksPunch.

This one has me stumped.

Ithinkthe Mary Adlard marriage is the one I am looking for.

But I can not rule out that there WAS a couple called William and Sarah Blades having children at the time.

Could you please have a look for the 1750-1751 death of William Blades and see if it says how old he was.....I cannot remember if that was in Bilsby or not though................but defintely in Lincolnshire.

Message 4027 of 4,080
Latest reply

Can only find one in Northamptonshire

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 4028 of 4,080
Latest reply

I found one that was buried 20-5-1750......but the years started in March back then...........so it might be 1751.

William Blades................Bilsby Lincolnshire..............but no age.

Message 4029 of 4,080
Latest reply

It's been a long time, but I'd like to thank you for the replies in regard to the Rostron family in England.

They never came to Australia.

It was my own immediate family that arrived here in WA in 1966.

I saw on James Rostron and Elsie Lumb marriage certificate that Elsie's father was Howarth Lumb born in

Halifax in the UK in 1864.  he was a Baker by trade.

Elsie was my grandmother, she was born in 1893 and was working as a Weaver,

My grandfather James Rostron was a Collier when he was younger but my mum said he was a mechanic

later on.

He died sometime before 1949.

I'd really appreciate any help with Howarth Lumb - I don't know what happened to his parents but after 

looking for ages I saw him living with his grandparents on the 1871 census.

Howarths father was Thomas Lumb DOB 1813 ....  Mother was Susan lumb DOB 1814 in Sowerby Yorkshire

My great grandfather James Rostron  is listed as an Overlooker *manager* ??? on James and Elsie's marriage certificate

There are so many James Rostrons is really hard to sort it all out.

So any help finding what happened to Howarths parents,  or James DOB 1891 living in North Road Clayton Manchester

would be greatly appreciated if anyone can help again please.

Message 4030 of 4,080
Latest reply