Anyone else into seeking their ancestors?

I have become adicted to Ancestry.com and am lucky enough that one side of my family can be researched way back into the dim times.

The other side has hit a brick wall and I have to wait until someone else in the world may have more information.

How is everyone else going?

Message 1 of 4,080
Latest reply
4,079 REPLIES 4,079

lol, my auto correct just changed Smale to Smile on your email :^O

Flashie, I mailed you to the old email address, cant find the new one. Have I lost that twice now? :8}

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 2031 of 4,080
Latest reply

I will send it again later Punch....I delete peoples email addresses all the time.

I found Samuel and Hannah Smale's daughter Ann in the 1951 census as a servant with a family called John Blanden....in the disabilities column I think it says she is deaf.

Message 2032 of 4,080
Latest reply

What do you think about the census I sent you, do you think its her?

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 2033 of 4,080
Latest reply

Yes I do think it is her.............I haven;t looked any further though....I have been playing with Samuels children.

Message 2034 of 4,080
Latest reply

I found the Millwards in 1851. The mother is 52 in the 1871 census, even though it looks like it says 32.

All of their kids were born in France except Trazar.

Still no sign of them in 1861. They must be on a missing page or something.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 2035 of 4,080
Latest reply

Mistranscribed maybe....or back in France for a visit....have you looked at immigration for that time.

All the Smale men were carpenters....it must have been passed down from generation to generation for ages amongst them.

Message 2036 of 4,080
Latest reply

Theres a few areas of London that are missing from the 1861 census, I think they are probably in the missing pages.

I'll check for immigration and see if I find anything.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 2037 of 4,080
Latest reply

Just having a look at email now. Thanks so much for that, wow, my head is spinning!

I really can't get my head around this. So was Fanny Trazars birth mother? And Fanny was married to William as a second marriage? Her first husband was a william too? Gosh, now I am probably confusing you guys too!

Message 2038 of 4,080
Latest reply

Yes, Fanny would be Trazars mother, and there are about 4 other kids too. They are on the 1851 cesus that I sent you, all born in France.

Both husbands were William.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 2039 of 4,080
Latest reply

Ah, ok, thank you. I think I am starting to get it now.

So where were Fanny (Mum) and William born? I can't read it. Also, can you read williams occupation? I soooo wish I could read the old writing!

Message 2040 of 4,080
Latest reply