Arriving in Australia

meh_too
Community Member

Does anyone know under what criteria a Customs Officer can conduct a cavity search?  And what are the rules regarding cavity searches? I have googled but cannot find anything specific on it.

Does an individual have the right to refuse?

Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Arriving in Australia

yeh, im sorry but the customs officer was doing their job and i praise them.

photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 21 of 46
Latest reply

a 25 year old man, coming from Netherlands and his bag shows traces of cocaine? A definite candidate for further investigation I would say - in any country.

Message 22 of 46
Latest reply

What was his attitude towards the customs officiials right from the start? If a formal complaint is laid both sides of the story will be taken into account... if son was acting dodgy or non-compliant.. might be signs to the customs officials he did have something to hide (I know he didn't  have anything to hide, but how people react to requests, is an indicator to customs officials)

Message 23 of 46
Latest reply

if those bludging oxygen thieves arriving by ricketty boats were treated like that there would be an army of free do-gooder lawyers lined up screaming human rights.

Message 24 of 46
Latest reply

they are treated worse than that.......

Message 25 of 46
Latest reply

@meh_too wrote:

Just because he was not smuggling something does not mean that the officer got it wrong.  They do random checks.  Something showed up so they did another routine check.  I bet he was uncooperative.   Are you 100% sure your son's bag did not come in contact with cocaine?  No, you cannot be sure.

But of-course, your darling could do no wrong, could he.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 26 of 46
Latest reply

bwahahaha................

my kid has been living in Amsterdam for 4 years and I am no fool, neither is he.  I have no illusions (delusions) about any of my kids.

don't you think I gave him the 'make sure your bag is as clean as a whistle' speech before he came?

He is so laid back he is almost comatose - there is no way he would have given her attitude. I have drummed into him its yes sir no sir three bags full sir with authority even if you dont mean it.

Thanks for the laugh....  

Message 27 of 46
Latest reply

When police do random breath tests..pulling over cars at random..do you consider they are wrong to make drivers who have no alcohol in their system take the test.

If the son is laidback the random search wouldnt have bothered him then.
Message 28 of 46
Latest reply

wouldn't they have told him what his rights were before they did the search?

Message 29 of 46
Latest reply

Was your son asked to sign written consent for an internal search. If so, did he sign it? Or what were his options if he didn't sign it?

Commonwealth Ombudsman

We consider and investigate complaints from people who believe they have been treated unfairly or unreasonably by an Australian Government department or agency, including the Australian Taxation Office, Australia Post, Centrelink, Child Support Agency, and Department of Immigration and Citizenship. The Commonwealth Ombudsman is also the ACT Ombudsman.

Our aim is to resolve complaints impartially, informally and quickly. If we cannot assist with a particular complaint, we will explain why, and suggest other avenues for resolving the matter.

http://www.ombudsman.gov.au/pages/about-us/our-office/what-we-do.php

Message 30 of 46
Latest reply