If you wish to protest about Murdoch's involvment in the election...

There is an online peition you can sign:

"We, the undersigned, request that the Australian Press Council conduct an investigation into News Corp Australia’s media coverage of the 2013 Australian federal election campaign.

We also request that appropriate action is taken to prevent this from happening again in the future."

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/complaint-against-news-corp-australia.html

“I’ve got my purse and my gift and my gloves and my selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor and my monoamine oxidase inhibitor and I have my anti-anxiety disco biscuits and I am ready to go. I am really ready!” Sheila
Message 1 of 175
Latest reply
16 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Message 2 of 175
Latest reply

Don't know that there's much we can do about what the newspapers publish if we want to keep a free press.

There may be something to be done about laws which allow foreign nationals to hold such large interests in our media. We shall see, but I'm not looking to the present govt to even discuss doing anything about what I'm sure a large part of the Australian population regards as a "serious problem".

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 175
Latest reply

I'm in

Creator of the Most Awesome Thread Topic EVER

Message 4 of 175
Latest reply

Thanks Buzz, 2 of us here have signed it

Message 7 of 175
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

There is an online peition you can sign:... really?

Agree with acacia...Don't know that there's much we can do about what the newspapers publish if we want to keep a free press.

Typo.

Your point?

Murdoch's rags are FULL of more than simple typos!

If you want to get really snarky about typos, I typed involvement wrong too!

So ner ner.Cat Tongue

“I’ve got my purse and my gift and my gloves and my selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor and my monoamine oxidase inhibitor and I have my anti-anxiety disco biscuits and I am ready to go. I am really ready!” Sheila

Message 8 of 175
Latest reply

Beat you, already signed  🙂

Message 9 of 175
Latest reply

Signed Smiley Happy  Thanks Buzz.

Joono

Message 12 of 175
Latest reply

where's the partition? Is that like a graffiti wall for collecting signatures?

No, I think  the 'partition' is the great divide between those who believe foreign nationals should not be allowed to orchestrate Australian election campaigns simply to further their business empires and those who believe it's OK as long as he supports their side

Message 42 of 175
Latest reply

no I think it means heaps of people want it, absolutely heaps. Both my kids had signed it before i even mentioned it to them

Buzz, if it's OK by you I might post your link elsewhere???

Message 43 of 175
Latest reply

@poddster wrote:

In that case it is worth even less 🙂

Not according to the Parliament of Australia.

"A petition is basically a request for action. The right to petition Federal Parliament has been one of the rights of citizens since federation, and it is the only way an individual can directly place grievances before the Parliament."

http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Petitions

A petition is the ONLY WAY an individual can place grievances before the Parliament.

Petitions regarding the manipulative behaviour of New's Corp. and subsequently the Australian Press Council will be presented to the Senate.

"Electronic petitions

The Senate standing orders make no special reference to electronic or online petitions, but they are taken to apply to all petitions whether written on paper or in cyberspace.

Although it is in order to lodge a petition for which the signatures have been collected by e-mail, the common practice of copying and forwarding e-mails to multiple addressees, and the tendency of recipients to add comments (thereby changing the text of the petition) makes this problematic. The most successful approach has been to post the text of the petition on an Internet page and invite people to sign the petition by submitting their names and e-mail addresses.

Petitions that are posted and signed electronically are accepted if the Senator certifies that they have been duly posted with the text available to the signatories. In presenting an electronic petition, the Senator lodges a paper document containing the text of the petition and a list of the signatures submitted."

http://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Senate/Powers_practice_n_procedures/guides/briefno21

Message 69 of 175
Latest reply

I just don't get why you're making so many posts to deter people from signing it, nothing to do with being a fan or not

Message 83 of 175
Latest reply

Signed and shared!

Message 96 of 175
Latest reply

http://www.independentaustralia.net/2013/business/media-2/press-council-finds-fairfax-fabricated-awu...

Press Council finds Fairfax fabricated AWU Gillard stories

A scathing assessment of the ethics of Fairfax Media by the Press Council confirms Fairfax’s decision to follow the tawdry lead of Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp in falsifying ‘news’ for political ends, writes Alan Austin

http://www.presscouncil.org.au/document-search/adj-1566/

Message 146 of 175
Latest reply

I wonder if Slater and Gordon has made or will  make complaints re News Ltd as they did Fairfax ?

unrelated to the above is the promise  as detailed below by David Donovan of IA and the then and now reporting of it by some media sources..

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Tony Abbott’s broken Indigenous promise and News Corp Breaking Bad

As far as I was aware, Abbott has not spent the days since he was sworn in last week in an Indigenous community.

So, while watching the final episode of Breaking Bad (Series One), I sent out the following tweet:

Forgive if I recall incorrectly, but didn't Abbott promise to spend his first week as PM in an Indigenous community?

I was astonished to find that, within a minute of me posting that tweet, the national political editor of News Corporation’s Sydney Sunday masthead, the Sunday Telegraph, responding to me directly, denying Abbott had ever made this commitment:

Samantha Maiden's reply 8.10 PM,22 Sept 2013no he promised to spend a week a year as PM

read more: http://www.independentaustralia.net/2013/politics/tony-abbotts-broken-indigenous-promise-and-news-co...

Message 148 of 175
Latest reply

174 REPLIES 174

Done.

Thanks!

Message 2 of 175
Latest reply

Don't know that there's much we can do about what the newspapers publish if we want to keep a free press.

There may be something to be done about laws which allow foreign nationals to hold such large interests in our media. We shall see, but I'm not looking to the present govt to even discuss doing anything about what I'm sure a large part of the Australian population regards as a "serious problem".

Message 3 of 175
Latest reply

I'm in

Creator of the Most Awesome Thread Topic EVER

Me too
Message 5 of 175
Latest reply

Agree with acacia...Don't know that there's much we can do about what the newspapers publish if we want to keep a free press.

Message 6 of 175
Latest reply

Thanks Buzz, 2 of us here have signed it
Message 7 of 175
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

Typo.

Your point?

Murdoch's rags are FULL of more than simple typos!

If you want to get really snarky about typos, I typed involvement wrong too!

So ner ner.Cat Tongue

Message 8 of 175
Latest reply

Beat you, already signed  🙂

Message 9 of 175
Latest reply

Murdoch's rags are FULL of more than simple typos!  I read your post, not Murdoch newspapers.

Message 10 of 175
Latest reply