Is TV bad for you?

Now I dont mean sitting down to an awesome film that moves you, or having a favourite TV show that you really like the story, actors, direction, concept etc.  

But as a general rule, is TV good for kids? General, mainstream, pay or free to air TV or would life be better without it? 

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Is TV bad for you?

Tattoos After Dark
Tattoos Before Breakfast
Tattoo Nightmares
Dumbestic Blitz
The Block (heads)
I'm A Third Rate Nobody...Get Me Out Of Here
American Idle
Breakfast Shows

There's my contribution,wilk1149

Message 11 of 29
Latest reply

think people watching nothing but youtube..... will fry their brains......worse than t.v.

Yeah, if your a globalist.,, you won't like this-

10 Facts That Prove The Bin Laden Fable Is a Contrived Hoax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfbGXAmtmnc

Merely a week after President Obama announced the death of Osama Bin Laden, there is literally a deluge of evidence that clearly indicates the whole episode has been manufactured for political gain and to return Americans to a state of post-9/11 intellectual castration so that they can be easily manipulated in the run up to the 2012 election. Here are ten facts that prove the Bin Laden fable is a contrived hoax....

1) Before last Sunday's raid, every intelligence analyst, geopolitical commentator or head of state worth their salt was on record as stating that Osama Bin Laden was already dead, and that he probably died many years ago, from veteran CIA officer Robert Baer, to former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, to former FBI head of counterterrorism Dale Watson. In addition, back in 2002 Alex Jones was told directly by two separate high level sources that Bin Laden was already dead and that his death would be announced at the most politically opportune moment. Top US government insider Dr. Steve R. Pieczenik, a man who held numerous different influential positions under five different Presidents, serving as the Deputy Assistant Secretary of State under the Nixon, Ford and Carter, told the Alex Jones Show last week that Bin Laden died of marfan syndrome shortly after he was visited by CIA physicians at the American Hospital in Dubai in July 2001.

2) The official narrative of how the raid unfolded completely collapsed within days of its announcement. First there had been a 40 minute shootout, then there was no shootout and just one man was armed, first Bin Laden was armed then he was not, first Bin Laden used his wife as a human shield and then he did not. First the compound was described as a "$1 million dollar mansion" then it turned out to be a rubbish-strewn dilapidated compound that was worth less than a quarter of that. Almost every single aspect of the official narrative has changed since Obama first described the raid last Sunday as the White House struggles to keep its story straight.

3) The alleged body of Bin Laden was hastily dumped in the sea to prevent any proper procedure of identification. The White House claimed this was in accordance with normal Islamic burial rituals, however numerous Muslim scholars all over the globe disputed this claim, pointing out that Muslims can only be buried at sea if they die at sea. While the White House claimed that Bin Laden's death on May 1st was proven by DNA and facial recognition evidence, such proof was never released for public scrutiny and the Obama administration refused to release photos of Bin Laden's dead body, suggesting a cover-up.

4) Despite the fact that the White House released "situation room" photos which purported to show Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden and the rest of Obama's security staff watching the raid which killed Bin Laden live, it was later admitted by CIA director Leon Panetta that Obama could not have seen the raid because the live feed was cut off before the Navy SEALS entered the compound. The photos were described by many as having "historical significance," forming a "captivating" record of Obama's greatest success and being the "defining moment" of his Presidency. One image showed Hillary Clinton with her hand over her mouth as if witnessing an anxious or crucial moment in the raid. Media reports at the time claimed that the photos represented the moment when "The leader of the free world saw the terror chief shot in the left eye." However, the photos were staged as a PR stunt for public consumption, nobody in the photos ever saw Bin Laden killed live, nor did they see the Navy SEALS even enter the compound.

Convince Me 9/11 was NOT an Inside Job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCgMCw2-aJ0

A quick summary of things I would need to convince me 9/11 was not an Inside Job:

1. A Single Piece of evidence to prove this was Al Qaeda which couldn't possibly have been manufactured by the CIA. All the evidence appears manufactured. Show me something substantial which couldn't possibly have been manufactured.

2. The original Black Boxes and NTSB data which matches reality.

3. An Image or video proving a Boeing 757 really hit the Pentagon.

4. Chemical Testing of Physical Evidence and debris from Ground Zero.

5. Cheney's complete timeline and testimony before congress with the ability to subpoena documents and files from the day of 9/11 to prove the timeline of both Cheney and NORAD as well as any and all orders given to NORAD by Dick Cheney on 9/11.

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 12 of 29
Latest reply

The razing of Carthage was an inside job.
Message 13 of 29
Latest reply

Better stock up on the soup cans and beans,THEY are coming for you.

Message 14 of 29
Latest reply

@softail-joanie wrote:

think people watching nothing but youtube..... will fry their brains......worse than t.v.

Yeah, if your a globalist.,, you won't like this-

10 Facts That Prove The Bin Laden Fable Is a Contrived Hoax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfbGXAmtmnc

Merely a week after President Obama announced the death of Osama Bin Laden, there is literally a deluge of evidence that clearly indicates the whole episode has been manufactured for political gain and to return Americans to a state of post-9/11 intellectual castration so that they can be easily manipulated in the run up to the 2012 election. Here are ten facts that prove the Bin Laden fable is a contrived hoax....

1) Before last Sunday's raid, every intelligence analyst, geopolitical commentator or head of state worth their salt was on record as stating that Osama Bin Laden was already dead, and that he probably died many years ago, from veteran CIA officer Robert Baer, to former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, to former FBI head of counterterrorism Dale Watson. In addition, back in 2002 Alex Jones was told directly by two separate high level sources that Bin Laden was already dead and that his death would be announced at the most politically opportune moment. Top US government insider Dr. Steve R. Pieczenik, a man who held numerous different influential positions under five different Presidents, serving as the Deputy Assistant Secretary of State under the Nixon, Ford and Carter, told the Alex Jones Show last week that Bin Laden died of marfan syndrome shortly after he was visited by CIA physicians at the American Hospital in Dubai in July 2001.

2) The official narrative of how the raid unfolded completely collapsed within days of its announcement. First there had been a 40 minute shootout, then there was no shootout and just one man was armed, first Bin Laden was armed then he was not, first Bin Laden used his wife as a human shield and then he did not. First the compound was described as a "$1 million dollar mansion" then it turned out to be a rubbish-strewn dilapidated compound that was worth less than a quarter of that. Almost every single aspect of the official narrative has changed since Obama first described the raid last Sunday as the White House struggles to keep its story straight.

3) The alleged body of Bin Laden was hastily dumped in the sea to prevent any proper procedure of identification. The White House claimed this was in accordance with normal Islamic burial rituals, however numerous Muslim scholars all over the globe disputed this claim, pointing out that Muslims can only be buried at sea if they die at sea. While the White House claimed that Bin Laden's death on May 1st was proven by DNA and facial recognition evidence, such proof was never released for public scrutiny and the Obama administration refused to release photos of Bin Laden's dead body, suggesting a cover-up.

4) Despite the fact that the White House released "situation room" photos which purported to show Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden and the rest of Obama's security staff watching the raid which killed Bin Laden live, it was later admitted by CIA director Leon Panetta that Obama could not have seen the raid because the live feed was cut off before the Navy SEALS entered the compound. The photos were described by many as having "historical significance," forming a "captivating" record of Obama's greatest success and being the "defining moment" of his Presidency. One image showed Hillary Clinton with her hand over her mouth as if witnessing an anxious or crucial moment in the raid. Media reports at the time claimed that the photos represented the moment when "The leader of the free world saw the terror chief shot in the left eye." However, the photos were staged as a PR stunt for public consumption, nobody in the photos ever saw Bin Laden killed live, nor did they see the Navy SEALS even enter the compound.

Convince Me 9/11 was NOT an Inside Job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCgMCw2-aJ0

A quick summary of things I would need to convince me 9/11 was not an Inside Job:

1. A Single Piece of evidence to prove this was Al Qaeda which couldn't possibly have been manufactured by the CIA. All the evidence appears manufactured. Show me something substantial which couldn't possibly have been manufactured.

2. The original Black Boxes and NTSB data which matches reality.

3. An Image or video proving a Boeing 757 really hit the Pentagon.

4. Chemical Testing of Physical Evidence and debris from Ground Zero.

5. Cheney's complete timeline and testimony before congress with the ability to subpoena documents and files from the day of 9/11 to prove the timeline of both Cheney and NORAD as well as any and all orders given to NORAD by Dick Cheney on 9/11.

Proof youtube will fry your brain........giggle............

siggie-reported-by-alarmists..............
Message 15 of 29
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

When my youngest grandson was very little,  he used to watch

an American show called Word World.  This show actually taught

him to read and spell by the age of 3 - no kidding!

I highly recommend it for littlies.   It's brilliant

Message 16 of 29
Latest reply

Thanks myoclon I forgot about all that rubbish. Now I have to go hit my head with a hammer to forget them again
Message 17 of 29
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

When my youngest grandson was very little,  he used to watch

an American show called Word World.  This show actually taught

him to read and spell by the age of 3 - no kidding!

I highly recommend it for littlies.   It's brilliant

Mine watched Sesame Street.

Until she began saying - ZEE - for Zed.

She then learnt English - sorry guys from the US - but you all need an extra letter here & there.

Message 18 of 29
Latest reply

Did they bring out a childrens version of Sesame Street too? ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 19 of 29
Latest reply

"As a general rule" I think TV is fine for kids. 

I suppose it depends on what you/they watch. My kids were able to learn lots from TV and still do.

Quite frankly I'd rather they watched a myriad of different types of shows on TV (from good to bad) than the garbage they are exposed to on the nternet via YouTube or by sitting down for a whole day of "marathon" TV that they kids like to now by watching a whole season of something in a sitting.

Message 20 of 29
Latest reply