Police charge man who painted over George Michael

NSW Police charge man who painted over George Michael mural in Sydney's inner west

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-19/nsw-police-charge-man-after-he-paints-over-george-michael-mura...

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

It always puzzles me why the Loony Left and thought police, want to bring people into this country who have no respect for our culture and rights to freedom of speech. People like the moron who painted over the mural of George Michael are already having an influence on our society and are destroying our rights to religous and social choice and free speech. ( think the uproar over schools celebrating christmas etc. )  The largest votes against gay marriage also came from the suburbs with the highest proportion of Muslims.

Maybe thats the point. The Loopy left want to restrict free speech and thought and so do the fundamentalist religous idiots, like the one in the clip. It all just seems to be a poorly thought out oxymoron.

the Loony Lefts ideals may be great in a perfect world, but as this clip shows, they simply dont, and never will work in the real world.

Just another example of how the world has gone mad. !!!

Message 2 of 34
Latest reply

i havent read anywhere who this cretin is but its quite likely he was born here.

we keep seeing the children of imigrants behaving as if they were living in iraq. except if they painted over a state sanctioned image back 'home' theyd be killed.

over hear he'll get a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again.

lets broadcast his family to the locals.

put a bit of 'shame' on them for not teaching their kids to be tolerant of all views here in a truly free country.

Message 3 of 34
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

It always puzzles me why the Loony Left and thought police, want to bring people into this country who have no respect for our culture and rights to freedom of speech. People like the moron who painted over the mural of George Michael are already having an influence on our society and are destroying our rights to religous and social choice and free speech. ( think the uproar over schools celebrating christmas etc. )  The largest votes against gay marriage also came from the suburbs with the highest proportion of Muslims.

Maybe thats the point. The Loopy left want to restrict free speech and thought and so do the fundamentalist religous idiots, like the one in the clip. It all just seems to be a poorly thought out oxymoron.

the Loony Lefts ideals may be great in a perfect world, but as this clip shows, they simply dont, and never will work in the real world.

According to the ABC report is sounds like someone from the loopy religious right (eg Vote no), there are no reports of where the person comes from and what his ideologies are:

"several outraged onlookers filmed the man, who can be heard labelling the mural "sacrilegious" and saying: "I'm defending my religion."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-19/nsw-police-charge-man-after-he-paints-over-george-michael-mura...

Message 4 of 34
Latest reply

He is a vandal using religion as his excuse.

Message 5 of 34
Latest reply

@tezza2844 wrote:

@chameleon54 wrote:

According to the ABC report is sounds like someone from the loopy religious right (eg Vote no), there are no reports of where the person comes from and what his ideologies are:

"several outraged onlookers filmed the man, who can be heard labelling the mural "sacrilegious" and saying: "I'm defending my religion."

Tezza - Not sure if you actually watched the video or have taken any notice of the SSM vote, but the electorates with the largest NO vote all came from Labor electoral strongholds. Labor itself was strongly opposed to giving gays equel marriage rights throughout its most recent years in office. 

Again it appears to have slipped your notice, but its taken a progressive Liberal Government and Turnbull leadership ( Malcolm has long been on the record as a strong supporter of marriage equality ) to get the ball rolling on SSM.

Based on his comments throughout the video, this guys motives where nothing to do with being a Liberal supporter. They where based on the multicultural divide around cultural and religous beliefs of people of Middle Eastern origin, who have not accepted Australias Laws and values.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/samesex-marriage-result-huge-no-votes-in-multi...

The hypocracy of little Billy jumping around with faux excitement over the SSM result was galling considering he was an important part of the Labor leadership team who opposed SSM throughout their tenure in government.

Message 6 of 34
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

@tezza2844 wrote:

@chameleon54 wrote:

Tezza - Not sure if you actually watched the video or have taken any notice of the SSM vote, but the electorates with the largest NO vote all came from Labor electoral strongholds. Labor itself was strongly opposed to giving gays equel marriage rights throughout its most recent years in office. 

Again it appears to have slipped your notice, but its taken a progressive Liberal Government and Turnbull leadership ( Malcolm has long been on the record as a strong supporter of marriage equality ) to get the ball rolling on SSM.

Based on his comments throughout the video, this guys motives where nothing to do with being a Liberal supporter. They where based on the multicultural divide around cultural and religous beliefs of people of Middle Eastern origin, who have not accepted Australias Laws and values.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/samesex-marriage-result-huge-no-votes-in-multi...

The hypocracy of little Billy jumping around with faux excitement over the SSM result was galling considering he was an important part of the Labor leadership team who opposed SSM throughout their tenure in government.

pmsl@"progressive"   ... They didnt have the balls to introduce a SSM bill into parliament, instead they choose the WASTE 122 million taxpayers $$$ and hold a totally unnecessary postal vote.

bty your posts would have a lot more credibity if you stopped continually bagging Shorten and the Labor party   ..... 

Message 7 of 34
Latest reply

was bill shortan leader of the party when they didnt make same sex marriage legal?

just wondering.

wasnt it labor who ended conscription?

havent noticed the liberals putting it back in action as they must have agreed to it once and as camelian says you cant change your mind about a policy.

how SSM has anything to do with a badly raised boy who feels he has the right to paint over a piece of art on a wall he doesnt own is beyond me.

Message 8 of 34
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

was bill shortan leader of the party when they didnt make same sex marriage legal?

just wondering.

wasnt it labor who ended conscription?

havent noticed the liberals putting it back in action as they must have agreed to it once and as camelian says you cant change your mind about a policy.

how SSM has anything to do with a badly raised boy who feels he has the right to paint over a piece of art on a wall he doesnt own is beyond me.

Just to answer your question....

I,m not sure if you had a good look at the mural of Goerge Michael ( before the clip was edited this afternoon ) but it showed Goerge wearing a rainbow flag or scarf, and having a rainbow coloured, christ like halo around his head. He was also wearing a large christain cross, earing, strategically placed to catch the viewers eye.

I,m not quite sure what the artist was trying to get at, but the image was definetly designed to be controversial and thought provoking along similar lines to the p!$$ Christ image which caused such an outcry.  Pity some nutter had to deface it as it was a piece of high quality, well crafted, public art.

Message 9 of 34
Latest reply

@bushies.girl wrote:

@chameleon54 wrote:

@tezza2844 wrote:

pmsl@"progressive"   ... They didnt have the balls to introduce a SSM bill into parliament, instead they choose the WASTE 122 million taxpayers $$$ and hold a totally unnecessary postal vote.

bty your posts would have a lot more credibity if you stopped continually bagging Shorten and the Labor party   ..... 

Fair enough, bushy,.......Just trying to restore a bit of balance to the boards which have an over representation of leftist views !

( plus its a bit of sport to point out the absurdity of some of the posts from ardent lefties who blindly follow the populist PC. dogma without bothering to think the issues through....Smiley Wink)

Message 10 of 34
Latest reply