does anyone know about sewing machines?

particularly pfaff like this http://www.sewingmachinewarehouse.com.au/product.asp?id=358&pid=22

Is it overkill for an L plater?

How large are the alphabet letters?

Thanks, for any info.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: does anyone know about sewing machines?

@azureline** wrote:

Huge might be good, lol. My old Janome 8000 could do 4 sizes I think but there may be a smaller script for that labelling? as in text, not monogramming.

I have been sewing all day, making lap pillows. Can't believe how much I got done!

It's not monogramming size alphabet.  I think that would be in a much more pricey range.  It came with the receipt and warranty so I'm happy with that.  If I had loads of dollars I might have gone for a flashy one that does embroidery but alas no such luck in that dept so I'm happy to settle for this one which offers more than what I could get new for the same price.   It's a year old and only done a few hours work.

Message 21 of 22
Latest reply

Re: does anyone know about sewing machines?

I'm glad you bought it, looks like a good deal for the price.  Pfaff are a respected and reliable brand, when all domestic machines were mechanical only Pfaff was considered no.1 followed by Husqvarna then Bernina. 

Enjoy!  After a while you will know the features you will always want in a machine, and it mostly depends on what you use it for i.e. the needs of a quilter are vastly different to those of a dressmaker. Also if you have several machines set up in a production line with dedicated purpose i.e. different thread and/or presser feet  you can work a lot faster.  So later on  don't feel bad if you think you want more than one machine because they all have different strengths and characteristics.

Message 22 of 22
Latest reply