Is this a scam?

I found a listing for a Maxda CX-5 at the following address: REMOVED

It is listed at $5000 and only travelled around 78000kms.  I sent a message to email REMOVED and got a response from a Samantha Kelly claiming to be in the Australian Air Force selling the car she was awarded in a divorce settlement.  She said she is being deployed and selling car to give money to her mother who is going to be looking after her kids.

She says she has a deal with ebay where they'll ship the car to me for 5 day trial and she won't get the money until I'm satisfied with the car at the end of the 5 days at which point ebay will release to her the money I have paid.

Is this a scam?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 122
Latest reply
121 REPLIES 121

Re: Is this a scam?

Where would you like us to leave these scam reviews though?

There are many, many dozens of threads about this and similar 'car' scams on the forum already and many many hundreds of replies to those threads 

Message 91 of 122
Latest reply

Yes definitely  a scam. Ive had the same emails today. 

Message 92 of 122
Latest reply

Indeed. Ten pages on this thread alone warning it is a scam, and dozens of other threads with hundreds more warnings it is a scam

Still, some people insist it is for real and 'buy the car' anyway

Been going on at least 12 years now and not about to get real 

Message 93 of 122
Latest reply

Oh derr!!

Message 94 of 122
Latest reply

Hahaha I got the same email but different name Louise. If it’s to good to be true it’s a SCAM

Message 95 of 122
Latest reply

Duh!

Message 96 of 122
Latest reply

homith
Community Member

I just had the exact same thing;

Well let me just jump right into it. I just got divorced and the 2007 Toyota Landcruiser Prado GLX was awarded to me in our divorce. I have a low price ($7,000) because I want to sell it before 30 of September ideally.
I have a deployment coming up and would prefer to have my mother who is taking care of my children, have the cash instead.

Now, a few words about this 2007 Toyota Landcruiser Prado GLX (6 cyl, 4 L, Petrol). It will come with a Roadworthy Certificate and Rego paid until 28 Oct 2021, with 144,800 km. White / Black and Grey, Transmission Automatic, Four Wheel Drive and well maintained. It gets real attention all the time. Garage kept. Changed oil every 5K km. Tires are brand new. This vehicle has no dink or dents. If you decide to buy it, you'll receive all the papers, owner manual, keys, and a buy-sell contract already signed by me.

Let me know if you have any questions.
P.S. I attach all my vehicle pics

Debra Swartz

Message 97 of 122
Latest reply

We had exactly the same also...........

Thanks to you all posting here, we were able to quickly identify it as a scam.....

Good Morning,

Well let me just jump right into it. I just got divorced and the caravan was awarded to me in our divorce. I have a low price ($5,700) because I want to sell it before October 1th ideally.
I have a deployment coming up and would prefer to have my mother who is taking care of my children, have the cash instead.

Now, a few words about this 2006 Roadstar Daintree 19ft/5.5m caravan. Registration Expiry:21/12/2021 and can be transferred upon sale. In perfect working condition - like new! Duel Axle, Queen & 3 bunk beds, Dometic 150L 3 way fridge, Dometic Reverse cycle air conditioning, 4 speaker surround sound stereo system and 22" full HD LED TV,Alko Electric Brakes, Microwave, Vantec Caravan Protection, As New as always stored in Garage. Full awning with sides. Light truck tyres.Includes Hayman Reese Hitch anti sway system and bike rack.  

All utensils included - Plates and cups included

Owned by a non-smoking family with no pets, the interior is always clean and tidy.
If you decide to buy it, you'll receive all the papers, owner manual, keys, a buy-sell contract already signed by me and the clear title.

Let me know if you have any questions.    

Royal Australian Air Force Nadine Kelly

Scammers!!!!!!!  We didnt go ahead with the transaction by the way . 

Message 98 of 122
Latest reply

wondering if I should post a copy of every scam email, text, or phone call I get.  Seems that people feel there is a need to repeat the obvious

Message 99 of 122
Latest reply

Gee, I dunno Sugar.

All the cups and plates were included, and it has to be finalised by the 1th October

Dunno why people can't just read the thread.

And besides....I wanted the 100 post snipe  hahahahahaha

Message 100 of 122
Latest reply