Problem with buyer saying item not received

ra_146210
Community Member

I  new to eBay and am learning as I go, no problems until now (a few hiccups w/notifications) anyways here's the situation: I sent item to buyer and 2wks later received a msg saying not received yet. after a week of back and forth and me making two trips to the post office to enquire and being told there's delays due to covid they have now launched a buyer request thing anyways in one of the msgs she mentioned the local post office she uses and the name of the postman. Ive just talked to this person and after describing my envelope ( ordinary envelope no tracking or signature required which is my mistake) he recalled very specifically giving this package to the recipient plus a description of its contents (packing material) so I know it's been delivered. I'm wondering what should I do next do I tell the buyer that there mailman remembers giving it to them or do I contact eBay and give them this information?

Message 1 of 70
Latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Re: Problem with buyer saying item not received

Hi,
Aus Post now have letter-rate prepaid envelopes of various sizes.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/153192510787
The tracking usually starts with TMP...
The larger size envelopes can be used for items with a max thickness of 20mm. The smaller ones have a max of 5mm.

Message 11 of 70
Latest reply

Yes - but it states Domestic Letter - for documents - small flat non fragile - etc etc - pretty limiting for eBay items - unless like collectable cards - coins  etc

Screenshot_20220130-105746_Chrome.jpg

Message 13 of 70
Latest reply

For larger or fragile  items there are other options, like the red-and-white satchels, but they are more expensive.

The OP mentioned an "envelope", not sure how large or thick, or what was in it (possibly the silver metal?). Probably not very thick, or AusPost would not have accepted it as a letter.

Message 14 of 70
Latest reply

I use bulk bought padded envelopes - 180x110 approx - with prepaid registered labels.

Works out about $5.94 to send. 

Message 15 of 70
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

@ra_146210 wrote:

I  new to eBay and am learning as I go, no problems until now (a few hiccups w/notifications) anyways here's the situation: I sent item to buyer and 2wks later received a msg saying not received yet. after a week of back and forth and me making two trips to the post office to enquire and being told there's delays due to covid they have now launched a buyer request thing anyways in one of the msgs she mentioned the local post office she uses and the name of the postman. Ive just talked to this person and after describing my envelope ( ordinary envelope no tracking or signature required which is my mistake) he recalled very specifically giving this package to the recipient plus a description of its contents (packing material) so I know it's been delivered. I'm wondering what should I do next do I tell the buyer that there mailman remembers giving it to them or do I contact eBay and give them this information?

I'm curious as to how the postie knows what was inside the envelope.

Message 16 of 70
Latest reply

The green Domestic Tracked Letters are great HOWEVER, only the A4 size is the stiffer cardboard. The smaller sizes are just regular paper, but overall not really suitable for anything other than docs and flat media. 

The OP's items will have to be wrapped or protected and may end up being thicker than the 2cm allowed, so it would be better to use a small padded bag together with some form of tracking. 

@Domino - I just saw your post after I had written - I'm going to see about the padded bags with prepaid tracking labels.

Message 17 of 70
Latest reply

Yes, I get some of those too.

Message 18 of 70
Latest reply

I was wondering how the actual postie was contacted. 

Message 19 of 70
Latest reply

Jelly - I buy the padded bags bulk separately.

A roll of prepaid Registered labels x 50 at a time.

Message 20 of 70
Latest reply