4 more negatives ... I've had enough.

Yep .... 4 more neg's for item not recieved.

I have been selling on Ebay for 11yrs and have never been treated this way before.

I have never been rude to anyone, let alone extremely rude.

How can I been rude to someone when there has been no communication, therefore, how can I refuse a refund.

The items were purchased on the 1st October.  

I recieved an email from paypal saying the buyer tried to open a dispute but  they were told they hadn't filed within the required timeframe.

I checked my feedback and wham...they lashed out on me.

I have contacted ebay about this and my previous neg and they said there is nothng they can do basically.

I have contacted the buyer and was still pleasant and helpful. No response yet.

I am working on building up my business on Etsy and quicksales. I've had enough of this place and the new rules that can allow this sort of thing to happen. 

Not happy 

Message 1 of 47
Latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: 4 more negatives ... I've had enough.

Perhaps you should request her contact details via advanced search and give her a ring to discuss the matter? I know that's what I'd be doing given that nobody else at eBay seems to give a rat's ar$e about your predicament.
Message 31 of 47
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

Here we go - my first negative - I especially like the bit about "tried to contact you but ebay said no contact"   how is that my fault?

A big fat negative for $6.99.

Let me guess, a low feedback buyer? They seem to be the worst offenders for this kind of thing. They are always quick to hit the red button. Did they trash your stars as well?

Message 32 of 47
Latest reply

dunno - I'm trying to screw up the fortitude to ring ebay and try to get it removed on the basis that she tried to contact me and the system wouldn't let her

AUTOMATICALLY REMOVED:    The defect was the direct result of an eBay site issue or an eBay program error.

Message 33 of 47
Latest reply

well what do you know - ebay says there were no reported issues with the message system at that time, so not eligible for removal.

I said "how do you know what time?   the seller did not tell me what day or time she tried to contact me - but I can see several posts on the forum during that month saying that messages weren't working"

No, we cannot remove the feedback because there were no issues with the message system at that time.  

Message 34 of 47
Latest reply

Make sure you put up a follow up comment on your feedback page  IN CAPITALS to the effect that you were in the right .... put it on her feedback page and yours.   Then everyone can work it out for themselves ..... I feel sorry for you ......  but don't get mad, GET EVEN !!

Message 35 of 47
Latest reply

I'm giving her to the weekend to reply to my last message.

Another gem from ebay non-help was that they might be able to do something if the buyer contacts them.   As if that's going to happen ... buyers don't care.      They run in - leave a negative - and disappear.

Message 36 of 47
Latest reply

Hi gift-wrappers-delight-2011,

I have just come accress this thread and if this post is directed at me I would like to clear up a few things.

When I contacted you via ebay I was told in no uncertain terms that you had "posted the item and what else do you want me to do about it".

I vented my concern about an item that I wanted by a certain time and it did not arrive.  I read through other feedback about other people that have had the same problem.  I concluded that as you were not willing to refund money and did not offer a solution that you were a "dodgy seller" out to rip people off.

Based on my experience I left negative feedback.

After the feedback was left I remember you telling me that you were away and left your business in the hands of someone else.  Whoever you left your business with was rude.  I still do not belive that you refunded the money for the transaction but I left it at that.  Are you 100% certian that the item was posted as you must not have been in charge of your business at the time?

I do not recall ever receiving any emails from you after the fact, however I can look through my junk folder.  After I lost money on your item, I had to rush out to spend twice as much at a retail store so that I had the item in time.

This along with 3 or 4 other transactions with dodgy items or items that never arrived is the reason that I do not use ebay any more.

Ebay is a community and when you have a bad experience you let the community know so that others don't fall into the same trap, there are lots of dody ebay sellers out there and I hope that you are respectful in your business, however reading a lot of your posts I am not sure.

I have no problem removing any bad feedback if you attempt to resolve the problem, however I feel that you did not make an attempt and passed the problem off to firstly the person looking after your business while you were away and secondly Australia Post.  At some stage you need to take responsibility for your business and the people you work with, either increase your margins to cover lost items or use registered / express post which cant track the item.

If I can I will try to remove the negative feedback that I left, however it is probably too late now.

Message 37 of 47
Latest reply

Just to clear it up after reading the last few posts in this thread

EBAY SELLERS NEED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY OF THEIR BUSINESS!!

You cannot just pass the buck on to Australia Post, you are responsible for the item reaching your customer!!!

i-love-my-sheep Whether the customer is new to ebay or been around for years if your customer service skills are 100% it should not matter.

dotm2004 I don't see why you need to get even, customer service is not about getting even, make things right by the customer and there will never be a need to get even!

curraone buyers  respond to the service they receive, if they receive bad service they p[obably won't give you the time of day next time.  negative feedback is one of the only things the buyer can use to warn other ebay buyers.

If this is the attitude of ebay sellers than I do not want any part of it.

And obviously I shouldn't "feel bad" for leaving negative feedback if you are doing the same without hesitation.

From a customer point of view I chose ebay for #1 the price & #2 the conveniance of not having to search the shops for an item #3 the item will arrive at my doorstep.

I search for the product, pay for it and expect it to arrive in a reasonable amount of time.  If it does not arrive I expect you as a business / seller to make things right.  This can be done by resending the item (if I still need / want it) or by issuing a refund.

Running a business on ebay is (well should be) no different to running any other face to face business, however when someone feels that they can just blame somehting on Australia Post and feel that they do not have to do anything further is not right. It is not professional at all to name and shame on an open forum -  It took 2 years but I came accross this post. 

Looking through your feedback it looks like your business is going a lot better.

Message 38 of 47
Latest reply

Was the transaction from TWO YEARS ago?

If so, you are a bit late. If not, it most likely wasn't you.

Message 39 of 47
Latest reply

None of the negs you've left are for the OP, so I think a public apology is in order. It might be a good idea to check your facts before publicly trashing someone's business that you''ve never dealt with. If you're not using ebay any more, what was the point of this post?

Message 40 of 47
Latest reply