A Positive ebay story for a change.

The forums can get a bit depressing with all of the ebay problems and sellers threatening to pack their bags and leave, so I thought I would share a bit of ebay fun I,ve had in the past few days. ( yes there is still some there if you look hard enough )

I was browsing through the ebay book auctions a few weeks ago when I spotted a book with very brief title for $5 starting bid. I knew I could sell it for $50 and it would be a quick flip, so I put a $5 bid on it and promptly forgot all about it. I didnt think any more about it until I logged in a week or so later to find I had won the auction and the seller had opened a non payment claim, as I hadnt paid. A quick paypal transfer solved that and the padded bag with the book eventually turned up in the mail. I didnt bother opening it and just threw it in a pile with a couple of others to attend to when I got around to it.

Well I finally got around to opening it yesterday. As soon as I opened it I realised it was a rare edition in near mint condition and worth $100.............Smiley Happy

Feeling pretty chuffed I thumbed through the pages and noticed a small 20 page book, stapled to the back cover. I new this book series pretty well, but that was a new one to me. I had never heard of it before.  A google search showed it was ultra rare with perhaps only 50 or so printed. Wikapedia mentioned it, but the info there was all wrong, so after further research I edited the wikapedia entry.

Next I listed the little 20 page booklet on ebay for $200 and it sold within two hours to a collector in Japan. ( must have been too cheap....Smiley Very Happy   )  Ive still got the $100 book which will sell fairly quickly. All up it has been a pretty interesting little game. It looks like theres still some life left in the old ebay dog after all.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: A Positive ebay story for a change.

That would be nice   coy.gifif you could, please.

Message 21 of 21
Latest reply