And so it begins :(

Yep ... it has started for me Smiley Sad  I have just received a negative ..... the 1st in over 4 years.

It was for a $3.00 sale !!!!

This seller never even contacted me to say it hadn't arrive. 

I never had the chance to offer a refund, replace the items or give a store credit.

Just WHAM, out of the blue, hit me with the neg.

I emailed the customer, nicely, to ask what else I could do as I didn't know they hadn't received it. But, thet are ignoring me...no reply back.

Ebay won't do anything as it is not against feedback policy. 

It was a large letter, so no tracking

Just miss the way ebay used to be 😞

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Funny how it always seems to be the lower feedback buyers who hit first, ask questions later. It's almost like they have something to prove "look at me, I buy on eBay and I can give you a big, red dot....because I'm a cow and I can". 

Message 21 of 34
Latest reply

This is the ebay culture now. I miss the old days.
Message 22 of 34
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

Funny how it always seems to be the lower feedback buyers who hit first, ask questions later. It's almost like they have something to prove "look at me, I buy on eBay and I can give you a big, red dot....because I'm a cow and I can". 

I think it's just that they completely don't understand the system, and don't care enough to learn about it. I doubt they realize how much of an impact they're having. That's why I've begun including a little note in my parcels, about the impact of feedback and the importance of contacting sellers first.

Maybe I'm mean, but I have decided, if a buyer does not contact me before leaving a neg/neutural then, that's it, I lose all interest in helping them. I don't want them as a return buyer anyway, they can't say anything worse about me, so how does it help me to help them? I know that's harsh, and not what you would do in 'normal' customer service situations, but I do let them know that, as they have already left feedback I am unable to assist them, and explain feedback to them. I guess I hope that might make them contact the seller first next time. 

Message 23 of 34
Latest reply

Yep! That is how it goes, the simple thought of communication, or even Ebay setting up the Feedback page with the option of  Contact Seller, of even suggesting to the buyer on the feedback page, to Contact the Seller first before leaving negative feedback, or contact Seller if your not happy with your transaction, just something on the feedback page so buyers know there are other ways of dealing with things that would solve their issue, would help, not just the buyer but the seller too!

Message 24 of 34
Latest reply

I've only ever left negative feedback once and I have bought a LOT on eBay. I'd bought quite a number of items from this seller and one item was missing when the package arrived. I immediately contacted them to let them know (nicely, as it could have been an oversight with such a large order) and I heard nothing back. I contacted them several more times and still heard nothing back. After 4 weeks of harassing them, I left them a negative for their efforts. 

I have since bought from this seller again and had a few large orders. A few months ago a package arrived missing several items. I contacted them straight away and they replied within minutes that they had somehow been left out but had been packed with my next order. 2 weeks later, my parcel arrived and sure enough, my missing items were there. I hadn't bought from them for a few years and they've really picked their game up as far as communication goes now.

New buyers should have to pass a test before they can buy, to prove they have read and learned the basics. That would never happen though!

Message 25 of 34
Latest reply

Hi ... I also put notes in all my items I post, but if they don't receive the package...they don't see it OR if they do, they just ignore it.

I also send an email to each customer after their purchase to make sure they know my terms and conditions and subtly ask if they have read the item description.

If they are not happy, I'm happy to refund their money, BEFORE I post the items.

Most are fine and say thankyou. This has worked well for me, but I occassionally get a buyer who missed reading the items are DIY or the sizing etc

They either go ahead or ask me to cancel. I put that through ebay as " customer changed mind "

So, for me I don't get as many item not as described.

Message 26 of 34
Latest reply

Anyway ...thanks for all your comments and support. At the moment, I have more important things to deal with and don't need the stress from this person who gave me a negative.

I have just set my store on holiday mode and will be away for 3 days.

My Father passed away a few months ago and now my Mother has taken ill with cancer and I need to be with her.

Life is really tough sometimes 

Cheers 🙂

Message 27 of 34
Latest reply

Before I go, a friend just emailed me of a new selling place just starting up. Not sure how they will go.

http://www.newcastleauctions.com/userstoresdir.php?search=yes&username=

Message 28 of 34
Latest reply

It's not true that there is nothing you can do. You should contact ebay and ask for the neg to be removed. If you provide evidence that you have been reasonable and the buyer is not responding I am fairly confident they will remove the neg. They did it for me but they had to be satisfied that you tried to communicate with the buyer first to try and resolve it. Seeing as you've done this I see no reason why they won't assist. Ring their phone number to get the ball rolling. And then add the buyer to your blocked bidders list.

Message 29 of 34
Latest reply

I am sorry to hear about your neg but the way you handled the situation is exactly why ebay have brought in the ebay money back guarantee policy.

There is no doubt the buyer should have taken the time to email you re the missing item but it is only been a few hours since you emailed them so you need to allow sufficient time for them to respond.

If the item has gone missing there is no way the buyer should be held responsible for the postage costs and also if it has gone missing it is up to the sender to lodge a claim with Australia Post - the buyer is unable to do this.

Message 30 of 34
Latest reply