Aus post have potentially lost the parcel, not sure what to do

dbenj7
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I sent an item via express post on the 3/7 from Perth to West Ryde, Sydney. It arrived in The Chullora sort facility on the 4/7 and has been no updates since. I have an investigation through Aus post and they cannot validate it's location despite having a tracking number. I have been in contact with the buyer and apologised and advised what has happened. He has said he hasn't received it. It is quite an expensive item and I did not take out insurance (no lectures on this please, lesson learnt), facing being out of pocket considerably. What is the next step if indeed the item is "lost"? Really not sure on what to do next besides pray Aus Post can get their act together.

Processed through Australia Post facility column time and date, 06:44pm Tue 04 Jul CHULLORA NSW

Received by Australia Post column time and date, 11:56am Mon 03 Jul DIANELLA WA

Thanks in advance for your help.

David
Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Aus post have potentially lost the parcel, not sure what to do

I had a parcel (game) marked as "delivered" according to the tracking last Friday at 11AM (of which eBay shows Saturday for some unknown reason), despite having no mail that day except for a bill. It's now the third time that's happened with a tracked parcel. One item was marked as "delivered" three suburbs and a 20 minute drive away (and of course lost), the second item was "delivered" at the very suspicious time of 7AM on a Wednesday. I have also had countless untracked items not show up, it's about 1 in 5 items that don't arrive at this address.

Oddly, it never happens the other way - e.g. I have only ever had two INR claims ever since I started selling on eBay.
Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

It could show the item has indeed been delivered and the buyer is offloading the item on Gumtree?
Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

@heihachi_73 wrote:
 the second item was "delivered" at the very suspicious time of 7AM on a Wednesday.

What is suspicious about an item being delivered at 7am on a Wednesday?

My AP contractor regularly delivers around 7.15am to the area I live in.  He has arrived as early as 6.30am and as late as 10am.

Most courier companies start deliveries as early as 6.30am to residential addresses.

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

Called again today and was transferred to someone in their delivery team who was actually empathetic and helpful for a change. She had a record of some scans of the item that aren't appearing on the tracking so there is hope yet.

Hi David

Below are the scans for your parcel -

3/07/2017 1:56 PM Lodged by customer DIANELLA POST SHOP AFC-ER31 DIANELLA POST SHOP JNB No Image
3/07/2017 2:54 PM Article added to Watchlist CE-TR01 No Image
4/07/2017 4:13 PM Track Extract requested CE-TR03 No Image
4/07/2017 4:13 PM Customer Enquiry General Enquiry Domestic Letters - Express ADMIN-ER44 No Image
4/07/2017 6:44 PM Processed at sortation facility SYDNEY PARCEL FACILITY NSS-ER42 SYDNEY PARCEL FACILITY No Image
4/07/2017 6:44 PM Processed at sortation facility SYDNEY PARCEL FACILITY NSS-ER42 SYDNEY PARCEL FACILITY No Image
7/07/2017 10:05 AM Subscribe CE-EN01 No Image
9/07/2017 10:26 AM Remove Article From Container PPC PARCEL PROCESSING

------------

She couldn't give me an exact location but it appears it is sitting in a container or warehouse somewhere! So much for express post! She also said they had flagged the investigation as "low priority". Nice to see they take these matters seriously (sarcasm)!
Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

Magically after her changing it from low to high priority the parcel has been scanned back into Chullora. Let's hope it can avoid the black hole this time!!

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

Without fail, the postie arrives between 9 and 11AM, and the dog barks his head off as soon as he can hear the bike. Vans tend to arrive in the early afternoon. It helps that the row of letterboxes are in a common area and easily visible from multiple windows. Other neighbours have also complained about not receiving things. The largest thing to not turn up in this block was supposed to have been sent in a 30cm^3 box. It's not exactly something you can stick in your pocket.
Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

ALWAYS SUNSHINE WEST DISTRIBUTION CENTRE.LAST 3 OUT OF 4 PARCELS ARE AND STILL MISSING.ALL WENT THROUGH SUNSHINE WEST.TRACKING NUMBERS OF NO USE.I KNOW ITโ€™S A BIG BUILDING BUT ONCE INSIDE AND SCANNED THEY COULDNโ€™T GO FAR.CONSTANTLY CALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR UPDATES AS THE AUST POST PROMISED UPDATES NEVER EVENTUATE.
Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

There's no need to SHOUT as is represented by your use of all caps.

I have one in limbo at Sunshine West as well so there's definitely something not right ATM.

Also, this post is over a year old - you'd be much better off starting a new thread in future as most forum users will see the first post date and leave immediately.

Message 28 of 28
Latest reply